• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Clamp to Turn Gate 7 Manga Into Series in Jump Square

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neocloud9

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Yay, new CLAMP! Wonder what this one's about...?
Rukiia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:13 pm Reply with quote
I found this on MyAnimeList:

Synopsis

Between our conscious, waking world and the subconscious state of slumber, there is a thinly veiled plane of lucid dreaming. While the conscious state belongs to individuals, the hidden plane of dreams is one shared by all human minds, past, present, and future. Yet only a few have ever possessed the power to enter this secret realm at will - where a war is being waged to control the waking world. For our earthly wishes and desires are not our own, but under the manipulation of these unseen masters of dreams. The heroine of Gate 7 is Hana, a high-school girl hailing from Kyoto, the daughter of a temple caretaker. Her peaceful ways give her the self-control to act in the hidden realm. But Hana can only reach it through the strange beast that acts as her totem in the world of dreams - and her companion on a journey to confront the puppeteers of our reality!

Sounds like an exciting read. I love CLAMP's works and will be picking this up when its available. Very Happy

Last edited by Rukiia on Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:27 pm Reply with quote
It does sound very exciting.
Hopefully CLAMP will be able to keep this up alongside with xxxHolic and Kobato and still have a quality release. Maybe a publisher here could work out something to get a simucast release? It's doing well for Rin-ne as far as I know, so I'm sure it'll do fantastic for Gate 7.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
Hopefully CLAMP will be able to keep this up alongside with xxxHolic and Kobato and still have a quality release. Maybe a publisher here could work out something to get a simucast release? It's doing well for Rin-ne as far as I know, so I'm sure it'll do fantastic for Gate 7.

The most likely publisher to do such a thing would be Viz Media. Oh Viz Media, here our pleas and give this series the simultaneous treatment it deserves (similar to Ultimo). I've waited so long to read this series (okay, in reality only a few years) and would love to read it ASAP.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:53 pm Reply with quote
The Mad Manga Massacre wrote:
Aura Ichadora wrote:

The most likely publisher to do such a thing would be Viz Media. Oh Viz Media, here our pleas and give this series the simultaneous treatment it deserves (similar to Ultimo). I've waited so long to read this series (okay, in reality only a few years) and would love to read it ASAP.

I doubt Viz would even touch this. I hope they don't. I haven't been too fond of them lately when it comes to releasing anime and manga. Maybe Dark Horse will consider it since they rescued alot of CLAMP's older/OOP works this year.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:20 am Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
The Mad Manga Massacre wrote:
Aura Ichadora wrote:

I doubt Viz would even touch this. I hope they don't. I haven't been too fond of them lately when it comes to releasing anime and manga. Maybe Dark Horse will consider it since they rescued alot of CLAMP's older/OOP works this year.
I wouldn't mind seeing either of them picking this up, but Yen Press could be a contender as well considering they also have Kobato and they could run it in their online Yen Plus magazine perhaps?
Honestly, I'd also like to see Del Ray pick up the series, considering how much I love their translations and quality releases for xxxHolic and Tsubasa, but with the future up in the air for them right now with the Kodansha take over thing, who knows what may happen.
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:49 am Reply with quote
I thought Dark horse was in charge of this publication, altough I may be wrong.

This is going to sound harsh but I'm just going to throw it out there: Please CLAMP, this time, finish what you started! Kay?
Jaymie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:02 am Reply with quote
It's hard to believe that CLAMP is doing a Shonen Jump manga.

I just hope Dark Horse gets on this asap. Mangettes sounds like a bad idea, honestly. I hope they scrap that and just publish the regular editions.
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:26 am Reply with quote
I'm skeptical of another CLAMP manga. I love CLAMP and I think most of their manga have excellent stories and beautiful character designs. But, I'm really dreading another CLAMP release because they did quite a number on Tsubasa and XXXHolic which both could have been absolutely amazing and they went and made them all weird and, for lack of a better word, garbled. Kobato never interested me much as a manga and the anime was just OK.

More than anything, I would like them to finish X/1999 (which will never happen). I love CCS, Angelic Layer, MKR, Chobits, and Miyuki-chan, but most of their recent stuff feels so forced that it's not enjoyable for me anymore. If Gate 7 is going to be anything like their new stuff, I probably won't read it or bother with it even if it gets an anime release.

I used to be a huge fan of CLAMP, but over the past few years, they've just been a bit of a disappointment.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:00 am Reply with quote
Excellent. Chances of it getting animated eventually are pretty high. The plot seems very interesting (the art will be obviously good), and it's Clamp after all.
bahamut623

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:14 am Reply with quote
Clampception? I'm in! There's still a chance Dark Horse might handle it, because they recently got another Jump SQ series (Kekkai Sensen...forgot the English name), so who knows.

Jump SQ keeps adding awesome looking series.
artdjmaster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:42 am Reply with quote
Now that Gate 7 will be a Jump Square release, only Viz has first dibs on any Jump series, and they're likely to jump on this provided Dark Horse isn't in the game. If I remember from that post from Dark Horse, I thought they were also going to publish the Japanese and Korean editions, too? Or perhaps J.SQ is going to handle the Japanese while DH handles the English?

I bet CLAMP has always wanted a deal with Shueisha (J.SQ publisher) since it's the premier manga publisher in Japan. For years they've had either Kadokawa and Kodansha, but now they want to hit the big time, no? Let's see if Gate 7 sells more than Tsubasa/xxxHolic.

CLAMP and J.SQ is actually a perfect fit seeing as how they can balance shojo and shonen elements. I hope they end Kobato soon because Gate 7 looks far more interesting and deserves to be worked on without any other distractions. I wonder how long xxxHolic will last?
Mirri

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:07 pm Reply with quote
What about X?! What about X?!

CLAMP, you disappoint me. Sad

You make me soooo sad, CLAMP. Why must you hurt me when I love you so much?
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:12 am Reply with quote
Mirri wrote:

Exactly.

It's great when they finish what they start. But it would be really, really nice if they finish what they started and have ignored for years...X and Legal Drug.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:36 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
Mirri wrote:

Exactly.

It's great when they finish what they start. But it would be really, really nice if they finish what they started and have ignored for years...X and Legal Drug.

Agreed.

I haven't read X/1999 yet but I have been waiting for years for a 4th manga volume of Legal Drug or even an OVA of Clover, which (I think) totally deserves to become a movie!!!

But no, CLAMP loves to talk about wishing in their stories but (apparently) my Wish (which should have became an OVA) will never come true... Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2