• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: One Piece: Romance Dawn PSP's Playable Characters Revealed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:09 am Reply with quote
Does anybody know if this is going to get a Western release?
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Sakurazuka_Reika wrote:
Does anybody know if this is going to get a Western release?

..NO the psp is dead outside of japan and there is no chance in hell of any newer games coming out here period. Sorry for being so blunt but that's how the market is now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TheAnagelic1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Could easily be a downloadable title for the PSN/VITA outside of Japan, but I guess that would depend on how the PS3 game does outside of Japan...
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:47 pm Reply with quote
TheAnagelic1 wrote:
Could easily be a downloadable title for the PSN/VITA outside of Japan, but I guess that would depend on how the PS3 game does outside of Japan...

This would have to be approved funimation first since they hold all rights over one piece in the r1 region. The game would have to be fully dubbed and translated as well so I'm going to go with a big fat .. NO. The psp is dead outside of japan people, hell 80% of local retail stores where I live aside from game-stop don't even carry products for the psp anymore.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Saffire

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
TheAnagelic1 wrote:
This would have to be approved funimation first since they hold all rights over one piece in the r1 region. The game would have to be fully dubbed and translated as well so I'm going to go with a big fat .. NO. The psp is dead outside of japan people, hell 80% of local retail stores where I live aside from game-stop don't even carry products for the psp anymore.
You can play PSP games on a Vita, if that's the only concern.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Saffire wrote:
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
TheAnagelic1 wrote:
You can play PSP games on a Vita, if that's the only concern.

sigh digital copies only and not all psp games are compatible with the vita. There isn't enough money to be made off this to bring over a digital only game that in the end will only sell 4000 maybe 5000 copies.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1