• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Boston Full Panel Reports

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vekou

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Comic-Con isn't until mid-July...
icepick314

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:28 pm Reply with quote
is Avenger's gonna be on ONE single DVD?

it'll be both good and bad if it does...

good that I can get entire series without having to wait for DVD release...

bad that it'll have lousy-er quality if put on multiple discs....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
emw2455

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:31 pm Reply with quote
How was the preview of TM!R OVA 3? Did the script sound ok or was it heavily domesticated like some of Funi.'s scripts can be? Did they mention anything about getting episode 20?
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:46 pm Reply with quote
icepick314 wrote:

I doubt it will be limited to ONE DVD - All the report says is that it will be a SINGLE release. I suspect that It'll probably be split between 3 DVD's, much like the World of Narue set was handled. (of course, I hope we get better video quality than what we got with that one - since it's Bandai, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
darkhunter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:11 pm Reply with quote
icepick314 wrote:

Single Release, not single disc. And 13 episode for 30 dollar is a good price, I have a feeling that Avenger wasn't going to sell well with a normal release.

Quote:
Regarding Bandai Manga, Chu said that the company was looking to go about business in a different manner than what fans are used to from North American manga studios. While Bandai Manga will do traditional licensing, their focus will be on original products by Japanese manga-ka and based on already existing, popular anime titles.

I'm confuse by this post. Jerry Chu said that they're doing something different from most american manga studio. Original product base on existing popular anime title? It just seem to me like they're going to license popular manga that had a good anime adaption title (which most company are already donig), but most of the good anime/manga series were or already license. I guess we will have to see.
tlsmith1963

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Did Bandai announce when Cowboy Bebop Remix is coming out? Oh, & I think it would be great if Bandai Manga did more Cowboy Bebop manga. Very Happy

Tammy
darkhunter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:32 pm Reply with quote
tlsmith1963 wrote:
Did Bandai announce when Cowboy Bebop Remix is coming out? Oh, & I think it would be great if Bandai Manga did more Cowboy Bebop manga. Very Happy

Tammy

It's listd in diamonds a while back and it's going to be June.

Here, take a peak
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:08 pm Reply with quote
So... did anyone ask about the possibility of Gundam SEED Destiny airing on YTV?
Erufu

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 10:01 am Reply with quote
Well, it looks like Funi's domain name registrations are really for licenses they will announce.
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 4:10 pm Reply with quote
man it sounds like FUNi isn't going to give us figures of Amy and Sei. Only Meg and Jo.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 12:16 am Reply with quote
darkhunter wrote:

Single Release, not single disc. And 13 episode for 30 dollar is a good price, I have a feeling that Avenger wasn't going to sell well with a normal release.

How come? I know nothing about Avenger; is the show just really horrible, or does it have some objectionable content or something? I mean, there must be something unusual about it for Bandai to be offering it for so cheap.
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 12:37 am Reply with quote
Wyvern wrote:
darkhunter wrote:

How come? I know nothing about Avenger; is the show just really horrible, or does it have some objectionable content or something? I mean, there must be something unusual about it for Bandai to be offering it for so cheap.

Many people hate Advenger with a passion.
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 9:48 am Reply with quote
Avenger is a bit of and aquired taste......
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
ChrisBeveridge

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:04 am Reply with quote
darkhunter wrote:
I'm confuse by this post. Jerry Chu said that they're doing something different from most american manga studio. Original product base on existing popular anime title? It just seem to me like they're going to license popular manga that had a good anime adaption title (which most company are already donig), but most of the good anime/manga series were or already license. I guess we will have to see.

Hopefully I can clarify since I was initially unsure of what Jerry was saying before about it.

What they intend to do is to have NEW manga created on existing properties. For example, let's say that they go and have new adventures created for the original .hack//SIGN characters that would serve as side-stories to the anime. It doesn't exist now, but they (hypothetically) secure the rights to have new manga created for it. They're going to manga authors/artists in Japan with the property and maybe ideas and offering it as something new to create. So it's not like they're going to get existing titles like Gundam SEED manga which Tokyopop or Del Rey are already releasing, but taking the property and having NEW material created for it.

This could be good or bad, but I'm hoping for some neat new stories that could be considered non-canon. Essentially, I'm thinking these are going to be like professional fanfics in a sense, but more towards Bandai's wholly owned properties where it wasn't something that came from a popular manga author and Bandai went and animated it.
dokool

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 3:55 am Reply with quote
My thoughts on the Funimation panel:

-"Desert Punks"?

-Still no comment about Beck even though we know they have the domain name and two other companies at AB reported that Funi has the licence.

-The "going Gonzo" comment makes me kinda nervous - I know Funimation has significantly raised their release caliber in the past couple of years, but I'm a huge fan of what Pioneer/Geneon and ADV have done with Gonzo Digimation's works and would hate to see that level of quality go down...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2