• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Great Canadian Evangelion Ticket Give-Away

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Nobody in Canada can be terrible enough to deserve Rebuild 3.0. Don't punish them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Q is by far my favourite entry in NTE. Hope I win!
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:37 pm Reply with quote
I'm guessing the Saint John, NL thing is a mistake since Saint John is in New Brunswick.
Shirow Otaku

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:02 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Nobody in Canada can be terrible enough to deserve Rebuild 3.0. Don't punish them.

What was your favorite NGE piece then? I personally LOVE the rebuilds, including Q. I even spent ~$2k to see it at NYCC in Oct (well spent $2k to go to NYCC, just that Q premiering there was an incentive to go =P)
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:30 am Reply with quote
The first sentence mentions screenings being on the 10th & 16th, but the screenings are on the 11th rather than the 10th once you look at the showtimes below! Wouldn't want any confusion.

Another movie, another contest submission. This snuck up on me; thankfully I have the Thursday off to catch that screening.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:32 pm Reply with quote
The last time I won a ticket to a movie was like 6 years ago, so I'm in the mood to repeat that Very Happy

3.0 is by far my favorite of the rebuilt films so I'd be happy to see it in the theaters even though I watched my BD a gazillion times~

Not sure if i'd be willing to pay to go see it because Im getting the English release too, hmmm, fingers crossed
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Shirow Otaku wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

What was your favorite NGE piece then? I personally LOVE the rebuilds, including Q. I even spent ~$2k to see it at NYCC in Oct (well spent $2k to go to NYCC, just that Q premiering there was an incentive to go =P)

The first two Rebuild movies were excellent. The third Rebuild movie is a feature with zero plot or character development. The characters are the same at the end of the film as they were at the beginning. It's just Hideaki Anno waving his keys around in front of his audience hoping that they're satisfied with shiny objects and tingling sounds.

It's less of a film and more of a stall until they can finish the fourth movie. I suspect that come the fourth, we'll see that the third movie can be ignored almost entirely.

The new DBZ movie had more substance than this one, for crying out loud.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:21 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

The first two Rebuild movies were excellent. The third Rebuild movie is a feature with zero plot or character development. The characters are the same at the end of the film as they were at the beginning.

Seems like I see you on every 3.0 thread. A bit harsh, as Shinji and Kaworu received massive development as characters throughout the film, more so than any character in any Eva film before it. But I'm well aware from past confrontations that your opinion on it is unshakable, so I suppose it would be useless to discuss it. So I will just leave my comment at that. I only thought 2.0 was pretty good, and 1.0 wasn't much more than a visual upgrade of the series' first few episodes, so 3.0 is my favorite of the Rebuild films so far. I enjoyed the different direction it went in and feeling just as confused as Shinji. Plus the soundtrack was top notch, but I guess that's a given.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:43 pm Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill wrote:
I'm guessing the Saint John, NL thing is a mistake since Saint John is in New Brunswick.
I'm guessing this post is a joke?

If not: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._John's,_Newfoundland_and_Labrador

Minor typo since One is St. John's and the other is Saint John.

The ticket is for St. John's, NL.

-t
SynGamer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Winners announced? Being that I'm broke right now, this would be a cool treat to win Smile
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:25 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

Mayor Rob Ford deserves Rebuild 3.0 tickets. Mind you, he'd just scalp 'em to buy crack, so...
Space Butler XIII

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:56 am Reply with quote
Have the winners been picked yet? Or they going to be contacted today?

Or is it going to be like the Yamato movie where winners didn't find out until the day of the show?
Doodleboy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:26 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Shirow Otaku wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

The first two Rebuild movies were excellent. The third Rebuild movie is a feature with zero plot or character development. The characters are the same at the end of the film as they were at the beginning. It's just Hideaki Anno waving his keys around in front of his audience hoping that they're satisfied with shiny objects and tingling sounds.

It's less of a film and more of a stall until they can finish the fourth movie. I suspect that come the fourth, we'll see that the third movie can be ignored almost entirely.

The new DBZ movie had more substance than this one, for crying out loud.

I definitely enjoyed the first two more (haven't rewatched the series in years before 1.0 so watching it again was fun).

EvaQ had it's flaws but I wouldn't say it had no character-arc. It's clear Shinji is in a different state at the end of EvaQ then he was at the beginning of EvaQ. The arc of the Evangelion movies is that Shinji develops a little bit, but it's too little too late as the series.

"You are not alone", then his dummy plug gets activated. "You have to pilot the Eva because you want to, not because somebody else tells you to", then well... the end of EvaQ happens.

The Evangelion movies for better or for worse are primarily focused on Shinji, it's more difficult to balance multiple character arcs in a film then in a TV series.

I wouldn't say Misato and Asuka weren't interesting either. Although "The curse of the Eva" was kind of silly.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:30 am Reply with quote
Well, the movie is showing in about an hour and a half. Nobody won, then?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:30 pm Reply with quote
I asked at the front desk when I went to the theater, but they hadn't heard anything about free tickets. I know these contests can be cancelled, but it would be nice if we got some notice that that is the case.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2