• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon Sun & Moon Games' Latest Videos Reveal 2 New Formes for Zygarde

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amara Tenoh

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:21 am Reply with quote
Cool!
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:41 am Reply with quote
With Zygarde possessing four signature moves, it currently has more of them than any other Pokémon.
RitsuLaw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:56 am Reply with quote
That battle music though, I wonder if it'll be the one used in the game too? I'm digging it, the xylophone(?) gives a nice upbeat tropical feel.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:59 am Reply with quote
So awesome! I'm wondering what Zygarde's new formes will look like as shinies.
XerneasYveltal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:45 am Reply with quote
So it is pretty clear that the anime showcased both formes in advance before bringing them over to the games.
Lostlorn Forest

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:49 am Reply with quote
The marketing for the games has me less excited than I've ever been for a Pokemon game.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:03 am Reply with quote
It's Puni-chan.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:23 am Reply with quote
XerneasYveltal wrote:
So it is pretty clear that the anime showcased both formes in advance before bringing them over to the games.

Yeah, there was no "revealing" of "new" forms at all, they've been known for ages. Heck, I caught them months ago in Pokemon Picross, even! Pokemon Shuffle, too, IIRC.

Sure, we learned about abilities and moves, but instead, why isn't the article about the 2 new pokemon revealed in Corocoro?
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Lostlorn Forest wrote:
The marketing for the games has me less excited than I've ever been for a Pokemon game.

To little? Too much? Simply nothing appealing to you?
JDude042

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:22 pm Reply with quote
XerneasYveltal wrote:

Yea I guess that's why they felt the need to change the title of the anime from Pokemon X & Y to Pokemon XY & Z or whatever. Of course they could have just not done that, and just announced that Zygarde would be appearing in the anime all the same, and I doubt things would have been any different. All because of that, I thought the next main game in the series would be Pokemon Z and focused on Zygarde, but nope... We're going to Sun & Moon now, and I think it's safe to assume Zygarde will have the center of attention in this one, but cmon... Why did they even bother advertising that in the anime when you know they're just gonna do a Sun & Moon anime after XYZ ends? You sure fooled me Nintendo, thinking there would be a Pokemon Z game.

On another note, I'm guessing that Strange Souvenir item from X & Y will finally get put to use in Sun & Moon, considering the item looks like some sort of Tiki Idol, which fits in with the Hawaiian theme, and the NPC that gives it to you said he came from a new region that hasn't been in any previous games. Either that, or it was just put in as an Easter egg, just to subtly hint towards the next new region in the main series games.
Lostlorn Forest

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:03 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:

Yup, too little information on the Pokemon, protags and region itself. Also it's too much like Hoenn, which caused me to grow sick of islands.
RitsuLaw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Lostlorn Forest wrote:
BadNewsBlues wrote:

Yup, too little information on the Pokemon, protags and region itself. Also it's too much like Hoenn, which caused me to grow sick of islands.

I'll have to agree with you on the lack of information, the marketing has really not been much for this game. Its not like it'll be released next year or something, its going to be released in only 5 months, and the only things we know so far are the legendaries and their moves/abilities, the protagonists, the professor and his assistant, the initials, the rotom-dex, and that there'll be more than one island to explore. No evil organization, no gym leaders, no gameplay features besides the QR scaner, and hell, not even the initial's types and their evolutions.
I'm really trying to keep an positive outlook on it, but the lack of new information is not helping much. Sad
Lostlorn Forest

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:26 pm Reply with quote
@RitsuLaw

Summed up my problems to a tee! The only thing that actually got me excited was the concept art, and that has stuck with me more than the trailers. I'm not too worried though since I've never played a bad Pokemon game. Time will tell with this one Smile
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:24 pm Reply with quote
RitsuLaw wrote:
...not even the initial's types...

Rowlet is Grass/Flying. Litten is Fire, Popplio is Water. Those were confirmed when they were first released.
Juno016

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Lostlorn Forest wrote:
BadNewsBlues wrote:

I mean, X&Y advertised equally just as little about this time into the release of the games. In fact, X&Y released 277 days after their original announcement. Sun & Moon are scheduled to release 265 days after theirs, so if we consider how long it took to get info for the starters, trainer designs, professor, rival(s),cover legends and information about the region, it actually took XY a few weeks longer to reveal information than Sun & Moon!
The only big difference is that XY hyped itself easier with the 3DS graphics and worldwide launch, as well as multiple languages and Pokebank. Most of these are now expected for Sun & Moon, and since it's set in the same generation of systems, it's not as initially exciting, I suppose. Its biggest drawback is its lack of truly unique new feature announcements.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2