• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, August 1-7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:30 am Reply with quote
P3 continues to decline, but slightly. Good week.
Responder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:39 am Reply with quote
That's great, but is there any chance of a proper digital release? I'd love to buy this on ITunes, Google or Madman's YouTube page, like the Berserk and Kara no Kyoukai films, and given Persona is moderately popular here, it might be worth it. I just can't stomache aniplex's prices.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:18 am Reply with quote
Fantastic that Persona 3 is still holding up well! Smile Osomatsu-san is still hanging in there.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:09 am Reply with quote
Re:Zero's and KONOSUBA's figures are quite respectable. There are also among my favorite [another world]-themed shows in the last 2 years.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:18 am Reply with quote
Iw odner if kyoani si selling their shows in other venues or what ? their numbers have been quite horrible as of late.
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:29 pm Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
Iw odner if kyoani si selling their shows in other venues or what ? their numbers have been quite horrible as of late.

People just don't generally like Phantom World. It's their biggest flop in the last decade, sales wise.
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:36 am Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
maximilianjenus wrote:

People just don't generally like Phantom World. It's their biggest flop in the last decade, sales wise.

I was under the impression that Kiznaiver was.
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:03 am Reply with quote
Rinkwolf wrote:
relyat08 wrote:
maximilianjenus wrote:

Kiznaiver isn't made by Kyoani Rolling Eyes
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:12 pm Reply with quote
How about Persona 3 and 4 Remaster ?? Wink
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:44 pm Reply with quote
KutovoiAnton wrote:
Rinkwolf wrote:
relyat08 wrote:
maximilianjenus wrote:

Kiznaiver isn't made by Kyoani Rolling Eyes

The comment previous to mine states it was the biggest flop of the decade, nothing about the studio.

Also, what does the studio have to do with the sales of the show, it's the quality of the show and fans that determine the outcome of the sales figures. what studio does it has less to do with the quality, rather the staff involved (director, score composer, etc). Just because a studio is known to produce hits doesn't mean they can't produce flops. It just happened that they got the right staff with the right work to adapt and there was no hick ups with production. Just consider Manglobe (Samurai Champloo, Ergo Proxy, Michiko to Hatchin) yet they closed down recently because of one too many flops, yet I can't think of complaints for when a work was relieved to be produced by them.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:54 am Reply with quote
^Uhm, the comment -which you quoted- said "it is their biggest flop of the decade". Their obviously referring to KyoAni since it's the studio that was being discussed

What are you even arguing? The person asked if KyoAni had aired the show in a different network and if that was the cause of its low sales. Then someone responded that the show was just not popular period. Studios do matter. Especially such an otaku-oriented studio and that is so well known for its beautiful animation as KyoAni. And in their particular case, they do few shows a year, but most of them end up becoming moderate hits at worst (from the last five years, I think only Tamako and Phantom World were absolute flops)
relyat08

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:21 am Reply with quote
@Rinkwolf

Yeah, I was specifically referring to KyoAni, as my comment, and others, have made quite clear. I don't know what the rest of your comment is trying to say, nor what it has to do with anything I said, to be honest.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:02 am Reply with quote
"Divine Gate" also has been getting some bad sales. Ideally, the dub release could do better. I am thankful that Funi got Joel & Alexis to be the leads because I really enjoyed their work in "Sekirei".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1