• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Charapedia: Haikyu!! Season 3 is Most Anticipated Fall 2016 Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calculus20

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Sequels of popular anime are topping the charts? Stop the presses!

But seriously, I didn't expect Natsume Yuujinchou to be more anticipated by men than women....
Wingbeats

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Huh, surprising to see more men looking forward to Natsume than women. Not that it's a bad thing! I'm super hyped - but I kinda thought Natsume is considered a bit shojo-ish?

Either way, Natsume, Haikyuu, and Yaoi on Ice are my most anticipated ones.
fencer_x

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Definitely excited for Haikyuu!!, but possibly MORE excited for Yuri!!! on Ice which I'm shocked I don't see on the list o_O everyone I know online is just as excited. A great voice cast, beautiful art, and suggestive relationships? It's classic sports anime aimed at women.
Dayblack

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:05 pm Reply with quote
It seems that no one expects Yuri on ice
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:51 pm Reply with quote
It makes me wonder the upcoming Fall season we're going to a good number of solid hits. For the female-aimed ones, there are a number of shows that are good candidates. For the male-aimed ones, however, those are some real wildcards.
msvitch

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:48 pm Reply with quote
well this list will start shuffling once the fall season starts and the new entrants will start getting popular
Ashymo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Calculus20 wrote:
But seriously, I didn't expect Natsume Yuujinchou to be more anticipated by men than women....

Wingbeats wrote:
Huh, surprising to see more men looking forward to Natsume than women.

That's not entirely true..Natsume got overall 530 votes from the females and 412 from the males.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:20 pm Reply with quote
This poll just made me realize I'm not actually looking forward to anything next season, so I just had to vote for whatever three anime I'm probably going to at least watch the whole way through.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:52 pm Reply with quote
HOW THE HELL IS KEIJO!!!!!!!! NOT ON THE LIST! Did they not even watch that Amazing trailer or what? Seriously Anime is saved and Japan doesn't even know it. Shocked
sweaf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:09 am Reply with quote
Haikyuu was a masterpiece.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:44 am Reply with quote
People not anticipating Flip Flappers. pssh. No surprise, but still would like to see it nonetheless. Glad people are looking forward to 3gatsu though, that looks very promising.

Ashymo wrote:
Calculus20 wrote:

Wingbeats wrote:
Huh, surprising to see more men looking forward to Natsume than women.

That's not entirely true..Natsume got overall 530 votes from the females and 412 from the males.

But there are quite a bit more women in the poll, to begin with, so proportionally, it still works out to a great interest by the men.
Ashymo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:39 am Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:

But there are quite a bit more women in the poll, to begin with, so proportionally, it still works out to a great interest by the men.

Yes, there are a slightly more females in the poll, but you also have to consider that the female votes are much more scattered because we have 3 really, really popular anime & game in the lineup as well, which are Haikyuu(one of the best selling manga atm., Uta no Prince-sama(65k+ disc sales) & Touken Ranbu(the BD for the stages alone sold 24k in its first week).
Bungou is another popular series among the females, Fune o amu a really popular novel & LA among females, Nanbaka: got only 100-something votes but it's really popular with the females(especially the fujoshi crowd, it's one of the popular digital manga at comico, it would definitely been much higher on the list if it wasn't for the HQ!! & the other ones.) There's also Kiss him not me, which has a decent amount of followers, was in in the top 5 Kono manga sugoi awards from last year, and won best shoujo at the 40th Kondasha manga awards.
tdlr, Natsume would have been much higher on the the females list for sure if it aired in another season.
Sorry for the typos, english is not my native language.
Deynard

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:43 am Reply with quote
Those Charapedia charts are always retarded as fudge.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:13 am Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:
This poll just made me realize I'm not actually looking forward to anything next season, so I just had to vote for whatever three anime I'm probably going to at least watch the whole way through.
Same here, 2016 has generally been quite a lackluster year. Don't think I've ever dropped as many new shows as in this summer season.
Though I'm always happy to get some more Gundam.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HueyLion

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:20 am Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:

Nothing? Dam i thought everyone would at least be hype for Haikyuu season 3
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3