• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
UQ Holder Manga Adds 'Magister Negi Magi 2' Subtitle

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dark13

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:46 am Reply with quote
And no one was shocked, about damn time really by the later points, you could tell this manga was no longer being its own thing and was just negima 2 might as well make it offical.
#Zero

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:41 am Reply with quote
dark13 wrote:
And no one was shocked, about damn time really by the later points, you could tell this manga was no longer being its own thing and was just negima 2 might as well make it offical.

UQ Holder has been announced as Negima's sequel since its first publication though.
kamijoan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:01 am Reply with quote
Why would you even make it it's own thing? having all the epicness form having negi on it.... as the bad guy :v
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:40 am Reply with quote
I wonder what else does the magazine change entails, sicne some authors liek kentaro yabuki and kano yasuhiro have added certain things to their works once they went monthly (more pages perverts).
Vent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:08 pm Reply with quote
I'm guessing this is a "whoops we're changing magazines time to slightly change the title for legal reasons" thing like Trigun/Trigun Maximum
SpiritualRemains

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Vent wrote:
I'm guessing this is a "whoops we're changing magazines time to slightly change the title for legal reasons" thing like Trigun/Trigun Maximum

This situation is different as Trigun switched publishers while UQ Holder is still under Kodansha.
zensunni

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Considering that the last scene before the hiatus had Negi and Asuna, is that really a big surprise?
ew121

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:35 am Reply with quote
This is pretty hilarious but yeah it's about time.

Nobody really likes UQ OC characters, hell the whole thing was only popular in the beginning because it was the sequel of Negima. When people realized Ken wasn't writing Negima character into the story the popularity went down really fast(and no Yukihime is not the same as Eva, they look different and have completely different personalities so fans were not happy with that), so he started to put them into the story more and more and the series gained a bit more.

Still, japanese don't really like Touta over Negi and Ken retconning a lot of Negima pisses them a lot.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:30 pm Reply with quote
#825565 wrote:

Nobody really likes UQ OC characters, hell the whole thing was only popular in the beginning because it was the sequel of Negima. When people realized Ken wasn't writing Negima character into the story the popularity went down really fast(and no Yukihime is not the same as Eva, they look different and have completely different personalities so fans were not happy with that), so he started to put them into the story more and more and the series gained a bit more.

Still, japanese don't really like Touta over Negi and Ken retconning a lot of Negima pisses them a lot.

not quite.for one thing yukihime IS EVA. that have been more or less the staple since Vol 1. the old difference is that its been more than 30 years which is more than enough time for her to mature personality wise. not to mention at the beginning she had to keep that persona while pretnding to be a teacher at that village. and i wasnt surprised some negima fans wouldnt like touta over negi cause touta dont have the same personality as his grandfather which is unfortunately the same persona as every single male lead in a harem series which wasnt akamastu's plan for UQ Holder at all. i just hope that the series dont got into the harem route by having that friend of his choosing to be a woman or he does like shido from Date a Live II and got a man hating lesbian to acutally fall for him . it would be rather awkward to have karin to pull a massive 180, even though it would be a good thing in a way since people wont be comparing her to Index/Railgun's Kuroko Shirai.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xzy123

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:59 pm Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
#825565 wrote:

not quite.for one thing yukihime IS EVA. that have been more or less the staple since Vol 1. the old difference is that its been more than 30 years which is more than enough time for her to mature personality wise. not to mention at the beginning she had to keep that persona while pretnding to be a teacher at that village. and i wasnt surprised some negima fans wouldnt like touta over negi cause touta dont have the same personality as his grandfather which is unfortunately the same persona as every single male lead in a harem series which wasnt akamastu's plan for UQ Holder at all. i just hope that the series dont got into the harem route by having that friend of his choosing to be a woman or he does like shido from Date a Live II and got a man hating lesbian to acutally fall for him . it would be rather awkward to have karin to pull a massive 180, even though it would be a good thing in a way since people wont be comparing her to Index/Railgun's Kuroko Shirai.

but i thought japanese dont like negi sex
ew121

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:33 pm Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
#825565 wrote:

If you think Negi has the same personality as every harem lead then you're retarded. Sure he does start out fairly generic but he's a goddamn 10 YEAR OLD BOY surrounded by hungry highschoolers that want his D.

Negi grows out of it as time goes on and he matures a [expletive] lot, only someone who hasn't read the manga would say Negi is the same as every harem lead.

Meanwhile Touta is just a Naruto/generic shonen MC clone, he's pure garbage.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1