• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ō-sama Game Horror Novel Gets TV Anime in October

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animepokegirl89

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:16 am Reply with quote
Yes! I've heard of this series. More horror Anime is always welcomed.
lucio542

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:31 am Reply with quote
Hummm this really looks interesting.
D.E.D.E

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:48 am Reply with quote
Hell to the F*CK YES! Loved this series back in the day! Rated it up there amongst my favourite horror mangas like Higurashi and Another. Never thought it would actually get anime though. Better late than never I guess.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:49 am Reply with quote
For those hoping this is interesting: stop. It's one of the dumbest things out there. The plot starts off very interesting and then degenerated into complete and absolute bullshit with a conclusion so stupid you won't belive it. The writing in this (novel, manga and movie) is absolute bullshit. And don't compare it with Higurashi. Higurashi was convoluted but at least made sense in the end.
Revan32

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:57 am Reply with quote
The announcement is a bit short on notice.
I hope it won't be some 5 minute CGI trash - like AoOni.
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:58 am Reply with quote
Dat cast! Ignis and Noctis are back together with Ignis being the leading man this time. The plot sounds interesting so I look forward to the trailer.
D.E.D.E

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:43 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
For those hoping this is interesting: stop. It's one of the dumbest things out there. The plot starts off very interesting and then degenerated into complete and absolute bullshit with a conclusion so stupid you won't belive it. The writing in this (novel, manga and movie) is absolute bullshit. And don't compare it with Higurashi. Higurashi was convoluted but at least made sense in the end.

Oh, I never finished it (translations were too slow). Had no idea it ended badly. Shame really as it started with a lot of potential. Well they may take liberties with the anime to correct some of the issues so you never know.
EDIT: just realised there are serveral versions of the series. The one I was talking about is the Spinoff/Prequel which they probably aren't adapting. Oh well.

Last edited by D.E.D.E on Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:49 am Reply with quote
The premise sounds a lot like gratuitous edgelord trash, so even if the plot and setup are different, it reminds me of Mirai Nikki and Another. The manga was licensed here a few years ago and my brother read the first volume and said it was terrible, so I didn't bother. I might check out the first episode to satisfy my curiosity, but this announcement is really last minute, doesn't bode well. Especially that we have a huge cast list but no information on a studio or any staff
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:38 am Reply with quote
I think maybe because it was adapted from a cellphone novel, the story gets weird really quick. The premise IS interesting though, despite offering more shock value than a coherent story. This might still be fun for the thrills.

If the production staff does rewrites or even make their own original story, who knows? It might actually end up good.

October, huh? That's surprisingly soon. It's the right season, I guess.

Last edited by BlueAlf on Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
cosain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:58 am Reply with quote
to think it'll actually get an anime! Surprised
I actually watched the live action movie a few years back, it was pretty mediocre but i be looking forward to this i guess. Would /love/ a Kamisama no Iutoori anime tho, i found that series better than Ousama Game haha
tentensan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:29 am Reply with quote
Yeah, you guys, don't expect much out of this anime. I read the manga and seriously got pissed off at how dumb every character acted all the time. There are so many characters that you won't like at all. It's just too dumb of a plot and the characters are also dumb. Period
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:48 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The premise sounds a lot like gratuitous edgelord trash, so even if the plot and setup are different, it reminds me of Mirai Nikki and Another.

Coming from someone who actually read and enjoyed the novel to Another, it really isnt that badly written. I would say the anime just did a poor job at explaining the events as they were happening, and they changed the events sometimes slightly or sometimes drastically. The final arc at the estate is way different in the book than in the anime. Lets just say its less stupid in the book.
Paulo27

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:17 pm Reply with quote
4 manga adaptations? Did they at least adapt different things?
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:57 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Paulo27"]4 manga adaptations? Did they at least adapt different things?[/quote

One's an adaptation of the novels, the one that CR published is a prequel, and I'm not sure what the other two are, but given the nature of the game, it's easy to do sequels that show different iterations of events.
RitsuLaw

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Idk about the novel, but i've heard that the manga is absolute gargabe. Will still keep an eye out out for this, though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1