• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Swery65 to Launch Kickstarter Campaign for The Good Life Game in March

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mhora

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:30 am Reply with quote
Poor guy. I wish Sony would support this project. It's a great name to have in your portefolio! They could prob rain him in just a bit, to make his games more accessible.
D00dleB0Y

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:51 pm Reply with quote
His biggest problem is that crowdfunding isn’t as popular as it used to be. Most people are wary of awful results from crowdfunding projects, so people are no longer donating money like they used to.
Brand

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:33 pm Reply with quote
D00dleB0Y wrote:
His biggest problem is that crowdfunding isn’t as popular as it used to be. Most people are wary of awful results from crowdfunding projects, so people are no longer donating money like they used to.

It is still fairly popular. I'm not totally disagreeing. I am sure there were a lot of people who backed one bad project and said never again. But there are quite a few of us, that keep backing projects. I've backed 72 on Kickstarter alone.

If this case I think FIG was just not a good fit for the campaign. I think Kickstarter would be a bit of a better fit because there is a larger audience on that site and it also trends more of people who like weird, artsy stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Here, you'll play as Naomi, a photographer from New York who finds herself stuck in this small town in rural England. She's found a way to pay off the massive debt she's accumulated, but she soon discovers that the town is hiding a very bizarre secret…

For the sake of context, were anyone to investigate a secret about a small town in rural England, it would probably be revealed as a collective instance by the townsfolk that Brussels is the root of all evil.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Asterisk-CGY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:24 pm Reply with quote
I backed it the first time and I would probably go for it again. But I go into all my projects that I'm giving them a chance to see their idea happen, rather actually buying a final unfinished product. I don't feel too bad for losing out on the crazy FFT remake game. Lost out on another music game that died too. I did get both Shovel Knight and Mighty No. 9 and haven't touched either. Played Castle Story for a bit, and another village building game.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1