• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam Battle Operation Next Game Ends Service on March 28

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Strike105

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:07 pm Reply with quote
This is a surprise to literally no one. NEXT simply wasn't a good game, and was a very poor follow up to the original GBO. It was way too different in every aspect, far too many basic elements of the game were shamelessly geared towards monetization, and the mechanics just weren't satisfying at all.

I feel like the only reason Next stuck around as long as it did was because it was the newer one compared to GBO1, and after GBO1 shut down, NEXT was the only Gundam game that was regularly updated with "free" content. Now that GBO2 has come along as a superior, proper sequel to GBO1, NEXT has lost its legs.

Now the only possible good thing about NEXT is the upcoming "crossover event" with GBO2 beginning on December 27, and lasting until NEXT's shutdown on March 28. For this event, a new option will appear in NEXT for players with Pilot LV10 or higher, which will allow them to transfer their gameplay data to GBO2 for a currently unspecified reward (most likely Tokens or Development Points) in the latter, which can be claimed after NEXT's servers go offline.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Even though it was meant for my region, it was interesting to play. It was challenging as heck to try figure out darn controls out with everything in Japanese.

Being casual player when i was playing, it was regularly being schooled hard by grinding elites who just wiped me off the battlefield before i could do anything.

I found Gundam Breaker was easier to do than this guy, despite liking it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1