Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Reveals Nichijou Anime's Full English Dub Cast




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Gemnist



Joined: 10 Feb 2016
Posts: 1490
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:48 am Reply with quote
It's been a while since I've seen Maxey Whitehead in a dub. Where's she been?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KitKat1721



Joined: 03 Feb 2015
Posts: 192
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:55 am Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
It's been a while since I've seen Maxey Whitehead in a dub. Where's she been?


Maybe she lives and works far enough away from the Dallas area that she can't really be involved in the simuldub output, which seems to be the majority of Funimation's work the past few years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Punch Drunk Marc



Joined: 04 Oct 2013
Posts: 1123
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:59 am Reply with quote
Four directors? Geez. I'll check out the dub on the app since some of the clips have intrigued me, but I doubt I'll double dip.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Greed1914
It's Over 9000!It's Over 9000!


Joined: 28 Oct 2007
Posts: 3292
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:26 am Reply with quote
KitKat1721 wrote:
Gemnist wrote:
It's been a while since I've seen Maxey Whitehead in a dub. Where's she been?


Maybe she lives and works far enough away from the Dallas area that she can't really be involved in the simuldub output, which seems to be the majority of Funimation's work the past few years.


I think that is right. I seem to recall she might be a teacher now. I remember being a bit curious when they were dubbing Tokyo Ghoul Re because I realized that I hadn't heard her in anything recently until then, and I would guess an exception was made in order to reprise a role.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Steve Minecraft



Joined: 13 Feb 2019
Posts: 120
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Still seems weird they're going back to re-release, let alone dub a bombed show from almost a decade ago. Surely there were more relevant series to focus on
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Top Gun



Joined: 28 Sep 2007
Posts: 3272
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Steve Minecraft wrote:
Still seems weird they're going back to re-release, let alone dub a bombed show from almost a decade ago. Surely there were more relevant series to focus on

"Bombed"? The reason they're doing this is that the sub-only release was a big success for FUNi, presumably more than they expected.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Richmyster84



Joined: 19 Feb 2017
Posts: 62
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:58 pm Reply with quote
can't wait to pirate the crap out of this!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cyberdraco



Joined: 30 Jun 2013
Posts: 260
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Richmyster84 wrote:
can't wait to pirate the crap out of this!


DON'T YOU DARE PIRATE. Watch it legally.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hiroki not Takuya



Joined: 17 Apr 2012
Posts: 1165
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:31 am Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
Steve Minecraft wrote:
Still seems weird they're going back to re-release, let alone dub a bombed show from almost a decade ago. Surely there were more relevant series to focus on

"Bombed"? The reason they're doing this is that the sub-only release was a big success for FUNi, presumably more than they expected.
While I don't know sales figures I'd have to say that, despite my poorest opinion of Funi, I can't imagine they'd be so dumb as to either allow contractual obligation or faulty market surveys to prompt funding a full dub with a huge cast of A-listers for an old show with terrible commercial performance. (I think TopGun is right on that). I understand some people didn't like the show (I tend to believe they didn't "get" the humor) but I think there were a lot more like me that love the thing and will pay money to get the dub that I wouldn't give for any part of a show like AoT...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Scion Drake



Joined: 25 Nov 2017
Posts: 355
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:39 am Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
Top Gun wrote:
Steve Minecraft wrote:
Still seems weird they're going back to re-release, let alone dub a bombed show from almost a decade ago. Surely there were more relevant series to focus on

"Bombed"? The reason they're doing this is that the sub-only release was a big success for FUNi, presumably more than they expected.
While I don't know sales figures I'd have to say that, despite my poorest opinion of Funi, I can't imagine they'd be so dumb as to either allow contractual obligation or faulty market surveys to prompt funding a full dub with a huge cast of A-listers for an old show with terrible commercial performance. (I think TopGun is right on that). I understand some people didn't like the show (I tend to believe they didn't "get" the humor) but I think there were a lot more like me that love the thing and will pay money to get the dub that I wouldn't give for any part of a show like AoT...


...... Is there a point to the random dig towards AoT? No seriously, is their an actual legitimate purpose because randomly crappng on a show in general does not help get your point across at all. It’s just immature & does the reverse by making you lose credibility.

Huh I’ve been meaning to watch this show. Seems like a good time as any.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group