• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Cosplayer Enako Appointed Cool Japan Ambassador

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Psajdak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Some people really have it easy.
FiendHunter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Why is she so popular again...? (Honest question)
Sifixs

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:39 pm Reply with quote
FiendHunter wrote:

she is really cute but i think she has a suggar daddy that give this kind of push
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Whew, that's quite the income. I didn't know the cosplaying world could be so similar to music.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Yuvelir wrote:
Whew, that's quite the income. I didn't know the cosplaying world could be so similar to music.
Well, cosplay stage events are close enough to doing the pro model work, and actually can be even harder than it, because sometimes you supposed to not just wear the clothes, but imitate the character for hours.
So yeah, it is ain't that easy paycheck.
Faiga_Raisa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Sifixs wrote:
FiendHunter wrote:

she is really cute but i think she has a suggar daddy that give this kind of push

Is she a gravure idol? Her twitter pics are like 90% her being in various states of undress or aggressively squeezing her arms together and leaning forward so the focus is her cleavage that wouldn't exist otherwise.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EUl77ghU4Ac-2hv?format=jpg
is something I wouldn't want to showcase for my country unless it was like Australia with legal prostitution. Cosplay is cool but her pics, even her cosplay pics, are giving me this 'themed prostitution' vibe.
#Satou

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Faiga_Raisa wrote:
Sifixs wrote:
FiendHunter wrote:

Is she a gravure idol? Her twitter pics are like 90% her being in various states of undress or aggressively squeezing her arms together and leaning forward so the focus is her cleavage that wouldn't exist otherwise.

is something I wouldn't want to showcase for my country unless it was like Australia with legal prostitution. Cosplay is cool but her pics, even her cosplay pics, are giving me this 'themed prostitution' vibe.

She is more powerful that just a gravure idol that start maybe modeling and then do gravure, Enako was some kind of shokotan but more cute and become the favorite inside otaku community in the comiket, her high quality cosplay costume, make-up, hardcore softhentai poses and be like that idol from stein gate make her very popular rather than just a girl that make gravure because is easy money but maybe even hate his fans and all otaku related.

Maybe this is the best way to spend money for the cool japan, because they lose a lot when spend the money in tv programs full of old boring people.
Faiga_Raisa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:35 am Reply with quote
#Satou wrote:
Faiga_Raisa wrote:
Sifixs wrote:
FiendHunter wrote:

She is more powerful that just a gravure idol that start maybe modeling and then do gravure, Enako was some kind of shokotan but more cute and become the favorite inside otaku community in the comiket, her high quality cosplay costume, make-up, hardcore softhentai poses and be like that idol from stein gate make her very popular rather than just a girl that make gravure because is easy money but maybe even hate his fans and all otaku related.

Maybe this is the best way to spend money for the cool japan, because they lose a lot when spend the money in tv programs full of old boring people.

(Personal opinion but I think her cosplay make-up is boring, she does the same style make-up for every character. Like the fake "aegyo sal" she draws on. All the faces look the same and not like the character she's dressed as. She even using the same style for her non-cosplay photos. Also does she make her own cosplay? I couldn't find a single progress picture of her sewing or crafting anything for her outfits. Do you know where she posts them so I can take a look?)

But like...the Cool Japan Ambassador is supposed to bring in tourism. Are her gravure/softhentai work which proliferate her profile a safe approach to bring in new tourist? I feel like the kind of tourists that come to Japan because of her are scary people. But then again, Cool Japan is virtually useless.

As Gackt best says when he was an ambassador: "while they have set up a huge budget for it, they have no idea where that money should go. It’s no exaggeration to say it has fallen into a downward spiral of wasted tax money flowing into little known companies."

It's like an absurdly convoluted embezzlement scheme.
DavetheUsher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:19 am Reply with quote
Faiga_Raisa wrote:
But like...the Cool Japan Ambassador is supposed to bring in tourism. Are her gravure/softhentai work which proliferate her profile a safe approach to bring in new tourist? I feel like the kind of tourists that come to Japan because of her are scary people. But then again, Cool Japan is virtually useless.

I think the point is to attract anime fans to travel to Japan. Anime fans like attractive women in sexy cosplay, so it makes perfect sense to me. This article certainly caught my attention Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1