• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream takt op.Destiny, The Fruit of Evolution, The World's Finest Assassin Ani

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:07 pm Reply with quote
About the fall lineup, I feel like CR's fall lineup is dry and lacking because they lost some big anime names like Demon Slayer season 2, Komi-San, Blue Period and even Lupin III part 6 (to Funimation, Netflix and Hidive). And CR has only 5 TBA boxes. I'm somehow underwhelmed.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:12 pm Reply with quote
So, dub-wise, Eighty-Six is a lock, Platinum End might be likely (or Takt), and then it's between World's Finest Assassin and Faraway Paladin for their Isekai dub (or both). Maybe one or two surprises.
ErikaD.D wrote:
About the fall lineup, I feel like CR's fall lineup is dry and lacking because they lost some big anime names like Demon Slayer season 2, Komi-San, Blue Period and even Lupin III part 6 (to Funimation, Netflix and Hidive). I'm somehow underwhelmed.

They've still got Eigthy-Six, and Platinum End and Muv-Luv have some hype to them even if the former was controversial and people are really concerned about the quality of the latter.
09jcg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Yeah Crunchys line up isn't really looking great. I wonder if the funimation merger just caused them to not try as hard? Or maybe Netflix flexing it's muscles is having an impact.
ab2143

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:58 pm Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
About the fall lineup, I feel like CR's fall lineup is dry and lacking because they lost some big anime names like Demon Slayer season 2, Komi-San, Blue Period and even Lupin III part 6 (to Funimation, Netflix and Hidive). And CR has only 5 TBA boxes. I'm somehow underwhelmed.

No offence but you say this every time CR announces their lineup. We get it, CR's seasonal lineups suck.
AnimuDude

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The company will also stream the Crunchyroll Original series High Guardian Spice.

Burner account time! I'm close to people who worked on this. High Guardian Spice was a mess when it was made.... low morale due to backlash from the trailer (which was all Crunchyroll's doing btw), a tight budget (let's say.... a similar budget of an anime), crunch (yes, crunch at crunchyroll lol) and mega disrespect towards its creator Raye Rodriguez.

"Why does Crunchyroll care about High Guardian Spice now?"..... Well let's just say Raye spoke with his lawyer buddies.... and the rest is history.

Give High Guardian Spice a chance fellow ANN readers.... animation is hard. You can believe me or call me a liar. I'll leave before Crunchyroll-hime stabs me with a Pocky knife.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:16 pm Reply with quote
ab2143 wrote:
ErikaD.D wrote:

No offence but you say this every time CR announces their lineup. We get it, CR's seasonal lineups suck.

I mean, I see a few shows I want to watch...
paulchaested

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:48 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:

I mean, I see a few shows I want to watch...

I think what’s he’s trying to say is “we get you’re point Erika”. But yeah seen I’ve Erika on many occasions throwing shade at CR’s line up announcements.
AntiKuro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:17 pm Reply with quote
I... I am excited about Takt and that is about it. It just really visually appealing to me, and I hope I am not let down but damn does it look pretty at least Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1