• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Code Geass Event Comes to Love Live! School Idol Festival Smartphone Game

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Now there's a crossover...although Code Geass' uniforms always looked snazzy.
John the Dark Lord

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Sigh, I knew this day would come. Love Live has become too popular. And the higher-ups at Sunrise have realized the only way to milk even more money from this franchise is by putting it together with their other franchises.

I can already see it happening: Nozomi reading tarot cards with Kanzaki Hitomi. Maki teaching R. Dorothy Wayneright how to play the piano with emotion. Love Live will show up in the mobile game of Super Robot Wars so the girls can pilot Gundams. And if they also cross over with Cross Ange... no, anime fandom isn't ready for this yet!
yye

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:01 pm Reply with quote
John the Dark Lord wrote:
Sigh, I knew this day would come. Love Live has become too popular. And the higher-ups at Sunrise have realized the only way to milk even more money from this franchise is by putting it together with their other franchises.

I can already see it happening: Nozomi reading tarot cards with Kanzaki Hitomi. Maki teaching R. Dorothy Wayneright how to play the piano with emotion. Love Live will show up in the mobile game of Super Robot Wars so the girls can pilot Gundams. And if they also cross over with Cross Ange... no, anime fandom isn't ready for this yet!

Cry about it lol
SpiritSmoocher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Anyone thinks this is to help the struggling overseas servers. Sif has not been doing good at global at all. I would say music gacha apps in genersl are ranking close to the bottom on monthly earnings for anime or anime styled games.
DRosencraft

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:11 pm Reply with quote
SpiritSmoocher wrote:
Anyone thinks this is to help the struggling overseas servers. Sif has not been doing good at global at all. I would say music gacha apps in genersl are ranking close to the bottom on monthly earnings for anime or anime styled games.

I didn't even know this game had a global version until reading this post. I vaguely recalled hearing of the game before, and seeing this story about the crossover got my interest piqued a little. But I honestly can't imagine myself playing this style of game, regardless of the crossover. Music style games have always been fairly niche, so I'm not surprised it'd have a hard time in the west where action style games have always been in the driver seat.
ballinamon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Jibun woooooo!!
SpiritSmoocher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:36 am Reply with quote
DRosencraft wrote:
SpiritSmoocher wrote:

I didn't even know this game had a global version until reading this post. I vaguely recalled hearing of the game before, and seeing this story about the crossover got my interest piqued a little. But I honestly can't imagine myself playing this style of game, regardless of the crossover. Music style games have always been fairly niche, so I'm not surprised it'd have a hard time in the west where action style games have always been in the driver seat.

Sif has been around since 2014 making it one of the oldest long running anime gachas. There is however next to no new content, game isn't terribly exciting, amd probably isnt that different from bang dream, d4dj. But since love live is a cash cow in japan with the franchise regularly crushing every anime in terms of oricon sales, this game somehow manages to live on. It sort of doesnt correlate to how the recent two love live shows fell out of top 10 most popular season anime both in and outside japan. But i guess they have a very dedicated hardcore fanbase who buys lots of discs to attend concerts.
DRosencraft

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:45 am Reply with quote
SpiritSmoocher wrote:
DRosencraft wrote:
SpiritSmoocher wrote:
Anyone thinks this is to help the struggling overseas servers...

I didn't even know....

Sif has been around since 2014...

It's somewhat like trying to explain to Azur Lane fans that KanColle existed since 2013, or to explain the vastness of the Touhou franchise to folks who only barely have any knowledge of Japanese anime and gaming.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:16 am Reply with quote
Ugh I hope this isn’t another arena type marathon event.
Maysign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:53 am Reply with quote
SpiritSmoocher wrote:
DRosencraft wrote:
SpiritSmoocher wrote:

Sif has been around since 2014 making it one of the oldest long running anime gachas. There is however next to no new content, game isn't terribly exciting, amd probably isnt that different from bang dream, d4dj. But since love live is a cash cow in japan with the franchise regularly crushing every anime in terms of oricon sales, this game somehow manages to live on. It's like an abrupt change in Heart of Darkness, I have some information about it in the form of an essay. It sort of doesnt correlate to how the recent two love live shows fell out of top 10 most popular season anime both in and outside japan. But i guess they have a very dedicated hardcore fanbase who buys lots of discs to attend concerts.

I guess I just found out about this game and followed this franchise a little bit, but as I'm not lost. But how could the developers be so screwed up.
stellajonnes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:20 am Reply with quote
Truthfully, every day since I joined this community, there is a new subject in my expertise from which I learn something new, so I also suggest something new to the person who initiates this conversation. The 80s Vintage Los Angeles Lakers Bomber Satin Jacket is a good option.
stellajonnes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:59 am Reply with quote
My time spent on this website was not squandered because I read many positive things and got many essential questions, so I will also assist you in your wardrobe selection. This John Dutton Yellowstone S04 Quilted Jacket is ideal.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1