• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Kodansha Is Considering English Release for CLAMP's Picture Book About Figure Skater Yuzur

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Juno016

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:18 am Reply with quote
As a big fan of CLAMP in my formative years, I'd be a definitive purchase the moment it showed up in my local store. That said, unless its cover and marketing draws attention, would it sell? I don't actually know how well CLAMP sells in the US market anymore, so that's probably for Kodansha to figure out. Either way, CLAMP are an extremely important part of manga history, so if nothing else, I think it would have value as a work like that.
Also, I don't watch figure skating itself, but the aesthetic of figure skating is so eye-catching and beautiful to me. Whenever an ice-skating anime (ie. Ginban Kaleidoscope, Yuri on Ice) or anime episode (Hugtto PreCure, Death Parade) shows up somewhere, I always tune in. I cannot wait to see CLAMP's approach to capturing that beauty.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1