• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tokyopop Announces Rising Stars 7 Online Voting

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kyuriko

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:04 pm Reply with quote
The only thing I am concerned about with online voting is honesty. What's to say that an artist isn't going to vote for him or herself, or persuade their friends and admirers to vote for them instead of voting for whichever they honestly feel is the best one? I am not saying that any of the artists would do this, but it's always possible with online voting systems. At the same time, though, I've never had the opportunity to vote in the RSOM contest and would love to see the entries, so I will probably go ahead and vote, myself.
JTtheBrick

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:14 am Reply with quote
Not to worry though, because this is only for the fan voted award. TP already decided their picks. Wink
midorihebi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Yeah. The TP judges have already picked the winners for RSoM. The voting is for the "People's Choice Award", which will also go in the book if it's not already one of the winning entries.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1