Forum - View topic
The Click - Feburary 9th - 15th


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TheVok



Joined: 09 Mar 2007
Posts: 613
Location: North York, Ontario, Canada
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Counterfeitin' Jane is still on the lamb


Mmm, lamb!

But actually, you mean 'lam.'
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Josh7289



Joined: 27 Aug 2005
Posts: 1252
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:31 pm Reply with quote
So, Death Note is getting poor ratings?

It doesn't surprise me. I love the manga, but I'm considering not watching the anime anymore. The dub is really bad. It's nothing against the voice actors themselves, but they just do not fit their characters.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
marklungo



Joined: 30 Aug 2006
Posts: 78
Location: Berea, Ohio
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Great to have you back, Brian! Stay round for a while!

Josh7289 wrote:
So, Death Note is getting poor ratings?

It doesn't surprise me. I love the manga, but I'm considering not watching the anime anymore. The dub is really bad. It's nothing against the voice actors themselves, but they just do not fit their characters.


Ummm... are you watching the same version of Death Note that I am? Because my version has a great dub.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
jel123



Joined: 28 Nov 2005
Posts: 108
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Let's not forget the new Sci-Fi Ani-Tuesday;

Tue, Feb 12, 11:00 PM - Appleseed

Also the night/morning before;
12:00a NOEIN - BEYOND TIME
12:30a NOEIN - A STORMY NIGHT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
KAtchan15



Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 460
Location: NYC
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Cool you're back again. Very Happy
I wonder what happened to fuse's anime block though. They haven't been airing TenjhoTenge eps. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. Anobe



Joined: 29 Dec 2006
Posts: 47
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Hey Brian,

Now IFC Canada is introducing "Manga Mania" block on Mondays with Virus Buster Serge at 11pm EST...this Monday (Feb. 11).

Episode 1- Cutthroat Puppets
Episode 2- The Path Via Hell

http://www.ifctv.ca/schedule/default.asp?scheduleTime=evening&dateDelta=2

Somehow I was supposed to send in the newsroom section an email about that, but I guess it didn't get through. Confused
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
rocklobster



Joined: 22 Jul 2005
Posts: 200
Location: Planet Claire
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Anobe wrote:
Hey Brian,

Now IFC Canada is introducing "Manga Mania" block on Mondays with Virus Buster Serge at 11pm EST...this Monday (Feb. 11).

Episode 1- Cutthroat Puppets
Episode 2- The Path Via Hell

http://www.ifctv.ca/schedule/default.asp?scheduleTime=evening&dateDelta=2

Somehow I was supposed to send in the newsroom section an email about that, but I guess it didn't get through. Confused

Someone should tell them how much Virus Buster Serge utterly SUCKS!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Canuckian



Joined: 04 Nov 2006
Posts: 184
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:09 pm Reply with quote
I don't think Death Note is getting bad ratings in Canada, heck, YTV, aired a marathon of the show on New Years, which essentially says the show must being doing alright. I don't think it's doing tremendously well, but it isn't bombing either.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVok



Joined: 09 Mar 2007
Posts: 613
Location: North York, Ontario, Canada
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:57 pm Reply with quote
rocklobster wrote:
Mr. Anobe wrote:
Hey Brian,

Now IFC Canada is introducing "Manga Mania" block on Mondays with Virus Buster Serge at 11pm EST...this Monday (Feb. 11).

Episode 1- Cutthroat Puppets
Episode 2- The Path Via Hell

http://www.ifctv.ca/schedule/default.asp?scheduleTime=evening&dateDelta=2

Somehow I was supposed to send in the newsroom section an email about that, but I guess it didn't get through. Confused

Someone should tell them how much Virus Buster Serge utterly SUCKS!


Still, this is great news, thanks for the heads-up! Looks like they aired 'Blood: The Last Vampire' in the slot last week (which the channel has aired before) ... but 'Virus Buster Serge' indicates IFC Canada is finally willing to air anime series too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
penguintruth



Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 8036
Location: Penguinopolis
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:17 pm Reply with quote
marklungo wrote:
Great to have you back, Brian! Stay round for a while!

Josh7289 wrote:
So, Death Note is getting poor ratings?

It doesn't surprise me. I love the manga, but I'm considering not watching the anime anymore. The dub is really bad. It's nothing against the voice actors themselves, but they just do not fit their characters.


Ummm... are you watching the same version of Death Note that I am? Because my version has a great dub.


Maybe something's wrong with his television's audio. I'm hearing a pretty decent dub, myself.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
TornadoTatsumaki



Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 145
Location: Mission Bend,Texas
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Damn!!!!Anime on G4Canada! I didn't know they were still showing anime on G4 in Canada( They stopped showing it on the american affilate in 2006 so I'm still pissed off at G4.)I hate them.

As for the list, well right now I'm watching Witchblade because it's finally starting to get interesting after seven episodes of teasing and lack of sunstance with the storyline, Hell, I'm starting to like the little Rihoko and that disturbed lesbo chick Shiori who has the hots for Dr. Reina.

BTW, I heard that ANTV was going off the air in April, does anyone know if they'll begin showing some more older CPM anime before then?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vtnwesley



Joined: 10 Jun 2007
Posts: 171
Location: Natrona Heights, PA
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Wow. someone thought to run Shinesman? Weird choice, but I'm glad.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
luhead



Joined: 04 Oct 2004
Posts: 151
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:13 am Reply with quote
Whether the Death Note dub is "bad" or not is strictly subjective, but it certainly doesn't seem to be drawing viewers to the show. It is amazing how many people at the AS forums call DN boring or say they can't see what all the fuss about the show is. I've long thought that anime's poor ratings on Adult Swim were at least in part because of poor choices in the anime shown, but if Death Note is bombing, I don't know what can succeed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fiction Alchemist



Joined: 17 Mar 2005
Posts: 438
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:38 am Reply with quote
I agree that these Naruto fillers have actually been pretty good so far. I dread what I know is coming (especially since I've made one of my weird pacts with myself, swearing I would watch the whole thing), but so far, so not painful.

I still think Blood+ is very good. Very disappointed in the thirty minute push-back. Though, Death Note was actually pushed back by worse: An hour, and Bleach was pushed back by an hour and a half. Anything to shove the horribly rated anime shows back to make room for Harvey Birdman and Frisky Dingo, I guess. Sigh...

Also a shame (though not a surprise for me) that Death Note is collecting poor ratings. I guess (and hope) that it's mostly because of the lack of commercials and the fact that people have long since watched fansubs of the show, but I guess I should just accept the truth: Nielson people always seem to skip over what I consider to be the good shows. They did it with Eureka Seven as well.

Oh, and I like Death Note's dub. I'm one meager person, but I know I'm not the only one who likes the dub. Far from it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
writerpatrick



Joined: 29 Mar 2006
Posts: 618
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:11 am Reply with quote
IFC, not G4, is adding the anime series. They've aired movies for a while now. It's been expected for a while considering the US IFC has been airing anime. But it might just be an experiment and if the ratings are low they may not show any more.

Death Note has a continuous storyline which makes it difficult to pick up new viewers, especially considering how complex the story is. It's also one of those shows that's hard to rewatch once you know it's ending.

I read that the Naruto fillers don't start until about 150. It may be that the early fillers start off from where the manga series ended so they don't appear as such. Or maybe just the bad fillers start about 150. Knowing the way network executives think, they'll probably show all (or at least most of) the fillers as long as the fans are watching. The biggest danger is for them to drive the Naruto ratings into the ground with fillers which might cause them to decide not to pick up Shipputen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group