• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - Feburary 9th - 15th

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheVok

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Counterfeitin' Jane is still on the lamb

Mmm, lamb!

But actually, you mean 'lam.'
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:31 pm Reply with quote
So, Death Note is getting poor ratings?

It doesn't surprise me. I love the manga, but I'm considering not watching the anime anymore. The dub is really bad. It's nothing against the voice actors themselves, but they just do not fit their characters.
marklungo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Great to have you back, Brian! Stay round for a while!

Josh7289 wrote:

It doesn't surprise me. I love the manga, but I'm considering not watching the anime anymore. The dub is really bad. It's nothing against the voice actors themselves, but they just do not fit their characters.

Ummm... are you watching the same version of Death Note that I am? Because my version has a great dub.
jel123

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Let's not forget the new Sci-Fi Ani-Tuesday;

Tue, Feb 12, 11:00 PM - Appleseed

Also the night/morning before;
12:00a NOEIN - BEYOND TIME
12:30a NOEIN - A STORMY NIGHT
KAtchan15

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Cool you're back again. Very Happy
I wonder what happened to fuse's anime block though. They haven't been airing TenjhoTenge eps. Evil or Very Mad
Mr. Anobe

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Hey Brian,

Now IFC Canada is introducing "Manga Mania" block on Mondays with Virus Buster Serge at 11pm EST...this Monday (Feb. 11).

Episode 1- Cutthroat Puppets
Episode 2- The Path Via Hell

http://www.ifctv.ca/schedule/default.asp?scheduleTime=evening&dateDelta=2

Somehow I was supposed to send in the newsroom section an email about that, but I guess it didn't get through. Confused
rocklobster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Anobe wrote:
Hey Brian,

Now IFC Canada is introducing "Manga Mania" block on Mondays with Virus Buster Serge at 11pm EST...this Monday (Feb. 11).

Somehow I was supposed to send in the newsroom section an email about that, but I guess it didn't get through. Confused

Someone should tell them how much Virus Buster Serge utterly SUCKS!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Canuckian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:09 pm Reply with quote
I don't think Death Note is getting bad ratings in Canada, heck, YTV, aired a marathon of the show on New Years, which essentially says the show must being doing alright. I don't think it's doing tremendously well, but it isn't bombing either.
TheVok

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:57 pm Reply with quote
rocklobster wrote:
Mr. Anobe wrote:
Hey Brian,

Someone should tell them how much Virus Buster Serge utterly SUCKS!

Still, this is great news, thanks for the heads-up! Looks like they aired 'Blood: The Last Vampire' in the slot last week (which the channel has aired before) ... but 'Virus Buster Serge' indicates IFC Canada is finally willing to air anime series too.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:17 pm Reply with quote
marklungo wrote:
Great to have you back, Brian! Stay round for a while!

Josh7289 wrote:

Ummm... are you watching the same version of Death Note that I am? Because my version has a great dub.

Maybe something's wrong with his television's audio. I'm hearing a pretty decent dub, myself.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
TornadoTatsumaki

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Damn!!!!Anime on G4Canada! I didn't know they were still showing anime on G4 in Canada( They stopped showing it on the american affilate in 2006 so I'm still pissed off at G4.)I hate them.

As for the list, well right now I'm watching Witchblade because it's finally starting to get interesting after seven episodes of teasing and lack of sunstance with the storyline, Hell, I'm starting to like the little Rihoko and that disturbed lesbo chick Shiori who has the hots for Dr. Reina.

BTW, I heard that ANTV was going off the air in April, does anyone know if they'll begin showing some more older CPM anime before then?
vtnwesley

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Wow. someone thought to run Shinesman? Weird choice, but I'm glad.
luhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:13 am Reply with quote
Whether the Death Note dub is "bad" or not is strictly subjective, but it certainly doesn't seem to be drawing viewers to the show. It is amazing how many people at the AS forums call DN boring or say they can't see what all the fuss about the show is. I've long thought that anime's poor ratings on Adult Swim were at least in part because of poor choices in the anime shown, but if Death Note is bombing, I don't know what can succeed.
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:38 am Reply with quote
Delete.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:11 am Reply with quote
IFC, not G4, is adding the anime series. They've aired movies for a while now. It's been expected for a while considering the US IFC has been airing anime. But it might just be an experiment and if the ratings are low they may not show any more.

Death Note has a continuous storyline which makes it difficult to pick up new viewers, especially considering how complex the story is. It's also one of those shows that's hard to rewatch once you know it's ending.

I read that the Naruto fillers don't start until about 150. It may be that the early fillers start off from where the manga series ended so they don't appear as such. Or maybe just the bad fillers start about 150. Knowing the way network executives think, they'll probably show all (or at least most of) the fillers as long as the fans are watching. The biggest danger is for them to drive the Naruto ratings into the ground with fillers which might cause them to decide not to pick up Shipputen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2