• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - June 7th - 13th

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daedelus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:23 am Reply with quote
That's very interesting to hear that Paprika was made with a shoestring budget. Especially if you watch the BluRay version which is absolutely beautiful.
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:04 am Reply with quote
The last episode of Witchblade is called "Light"(as seen in the preview after tonight's Witchblade). What you listed was the name of the final Speed Grapher episode. Apparently IFC's scheduling is confused.

I use DISH Network, and when I looked at my program info for IFC tonight, the Speed Grapher info was titled and describing next week's episode(the one in this week's Click describing next week's episode). Witchblade's info was titled and describing episode 23 of Speed Grapher. I've not seen ahead of the Speed Grapher dub, but the program info said "Tender Grave", similar to ANN's listed Japanese title of "A Grave Made of Money". I just hope the preview info didn't spoil one of the last episodes of Speed Grapher for me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:29 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Paprika
(Starz Edge)
(...)
and happen to have the Starz Edge channel on your cable/satellite lineup, than by all means, set your TiVo's or internal clocks now.

daedelus wrote:
That's very interesting to hear that Paprika was made with a shoestring budget. Especially if you watch the BluRay version which is absolutely beautiful.

Exactly. Quit playing around, move it over to the flagship channel (the one cable companies actually carry the HD feeds of,) and show us the goodness. SD=ND (no dice.) /steaming rage

Quote:
The Transformers go "Green" in this week's episode, as they beat up a gang of transforming Sport Utility Vehicles for having poor gas mileage and atrocious safety flaws, and being iconic of a wasteful, polluting lifestyle.

Simply testing the theory that you can never quote an excellent statement enough times.
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:58 am Reply with quote
bglassbrook wrote:
Quote:
Paprika
(Starz Edge)
(...)
and happen to have the Starz Edge channel on your cable/satellite lineup, than by all means, set your TiVo's or internal clocks now.

daedelus wrote:

Exactly. Quit playing around, move it over to the flagship channel (the one cable companies actually carry the HD feeds of,) and show us the goodness. SD=ND (no dice.) /steaming rage

If by flagship channel you mean Starz it was on Starz May 28. Comcast is showing it on Starz on demand in HD.
varmintx

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:58 am Reply with quote
daedelus wrote:
Not only does it look incredible, but the lossless audio is also amazing.
bayoab

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Zatch Bell!
(YTV)
-Fri June 13 9:00pm - Episode 12 "Sherry's Rhapsody of Life"

YTV site lists:
Quote:

Episode: Sherry & Koko: The Bond That Can't Be Broken!
Time: Friday June 13 at 9:00 PM

which should be episode 85 since 84 aired yesterday.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Which is scientifically speaking the worst thing ever.

You're nothing but a glimmerous fop.
rizuchan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:47 pm Reply with quote
I'm gonna say it...
I didn't like Paprika.

Okay, saying I disliked it isn't quite right. It was artsy and pretty and I wasn't bored out of my mind or anything, but I'm very glad I bought a previously viewed version (aka a previously rented version) and not a new one, because I don't think I'll ever want to watch it again. Heck, I'd say exactly what it was I didn't like about it, but I can't ever remember because it apparently didn't make much of an impression on me. I should have rented it, but I had heard so many wonderful things about it I thought it wouldn't be a problem. Ah well. :/

Quote:
Quote:
Which is scientifically speaking the worst thing ever.
You're nothing but a glimmerous fop.

I'm completely ashamed to say I didn't catch that when I first read this issue. Anime hyper
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Lelouch's crimefighting alter-ego, Zero, is trapped by the clever Cornelia, putting his identity and ideals and all that vigilante jazz in jeopardy! And being in any kind of jeopardy sucks!

I must respectfully disagree. Wink
billyarnie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:20 am Reply with quote
RogueJedi86 wrote:
The last episode of Witchblade is called "Light"(as seen in the preview after tonight's Witchblade). What you listed was the name of the final Speed Grapher episode. Apparently IFC's scheduling is confused.

I use DISH Network, and when I looked at my program info for IFC tonight, the Speed Grapher info was titled and describing next week's episode(the one in this week's Click describing next week's episode). Witchblade's info was titled and describing episode 23 of Speed Grapher. I've not seen ahead of the Speed Grapher dub, but the program info said "Tender Grave", similar to ANN's listed Japanese title of "A Grave Made of Money".

IFC is OK. On their website, SG #23 is "Tender Grave", which Brian listed last week as WB #23. SG #24 is "The Roppongi Crises", which Brian listed as WB #24 this week. Brian can speak for himself (& probably will), but it looks like he got the info from DISH's program guide.
BTW, the ANN Encyclopedia Guy made the same mistake. On the Witchblade episode list, ep. #23 was listed as "Tender Grave". I submitted an error report & it's been corrected to "Chaos". As for Brian's synopsis, right on the money; boob & butt shots galore! Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
TheVok

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:35 am Reply with quote
rizuchan wrote:
I should have rented it, but I had heard so many wonderful things about it I thought it wouldn't be a problem.

I personally never suggest buying anything sight unseen, though I'm sure on this site I'm in the minority. I always rent first ... or in the case of Paprika, I was able to see it on the big screen first.
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:05 am Reply with quote
Delete.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Josh7289

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Fiction Alchemist wrote:
Also, the Bleach fillers have been okay... so far.

Look into YuYu Hakusho Chapter Black arc. The Bleach Bount arc is a total and complete rip-off of that YYH arc.

That's why they've been pretty good (though the story is handled worse than in YYH).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1