• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Jormungand's Takahashi to Launch New Manga Series

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heiji-sama

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:12 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Renai Distortion manga creator Sukune Inugami

About that, will be the "resume" of Renai Distortion.
https://twitter.com/#!/manganewsjapon/status/137064143579643904
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:21 pm Reply with quote
I at first misread Renai Distortion as Renal Distortion, which left me wondering how one could create a manga about Kidney disease.

I am a little curious about what Keitarō Takahashi will create next. Jormungand doesn't seem to be quite as interesting and ambitious as its premise could allow, but at least he's trying.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Faiga_Raisa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:
I at first misread Renai Distortion as Renal Distortion, which left me wondering how one could create a manga about Kidney disease.

I am a little curious about what Keitarō Takahashi will create next. Jormungand doesn't seem to be quite as interesting and ambitious as its premise could allow, but at least he's trying.

1. I almost choked on water from your Kidney disease comment. Knowing manga, it could happen.

2. Jormungand is extremely seinen. I've heard quite a few people say the same as you. I'm quite biased on the manga since my IRL job is weapons manufacturing for the government so I'm very pleased in how he did execute Jormungand. But I can definitely see the flaws in it, yet I can't help but adore the series.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Faiga_Raisa wrote:
2. Jormungand is extremely seinen. I've heard quite a few people say the same as you. I'm quite biased on the manga since my IRL job is weapons manufacturing for the government so I'm very pleased in how he did execute Jormungand. But I can definitely see the flaws in it, yet I can't help but adore the series.

Well, I haven't read it, so all that I have is a loose, free-floating impression, which more or less is, to misquote Erica Friedman, that Jormungand is a dumb manga that I'd happen to really enjoy. I enjoyed Black Lagoon, which seems broadly similar. I gather that it isn't a thoughtful, learned fictionalized presentation of the arms trade with interesting ideas about it, but it seems like it's cool and presses one or two of my buttons, which counts for a lot. When it becomes feasible, I might well start reading it and I am interested in the animated adaptation that's due this year.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1