Super Robot Wars UX Heads to 3DS With 8 New Titles
posted on by Egan Loo
Enterbrain's Famitsu magazine is announcing this week that the Super Robot Wars game franchise's latest entry will arrive on the Nintendo 3DS platform for the first time. According to Ayumi Uta, the producer of the new Super Robot Wars UX game at B.B. Studio, it will have playable robots from 16 titles, including eight that debuting in the franchise such as:
- Demonbane: Demonbane with pilot Kurō Daijūji
- Fafner: Dead Agressor: Heaven and Earth: Fafner Mark Elf with pilot Kazuki Makabe
- The Wings of Rean
- Virtual On: Fei-Yen
- Mobile Suit Gundam 00 the Movie: A Wakening of the Trailblazer
- SD Gundam Sangokuden Brave Battle Warriors
- Mazinkaizer SKL: Mazinkaiser SKL with pilot Ken Kaidō
- Heroman: Heroman with pilot Joey
Other titles featured in the new game include Linebarrels of Iron, Fafner, Ninja Robots/Ninja Senshi Tobikage (Black Lion/Kurojishi with Joe Maya), Aura Battler Dunbine, Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny, Macross Frontier: Itsuwari no Utahime, and Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa. The battle scenes will include audio, and the game will have animated cut scenes.
The game will retail on March 14, 2013 for 7,140 yen (about US$86.50), with bonus downloadable content included in the first copies. A bundle with the Nintendo 3DS LL system is planned, as well as additional DLC campaign maps.
Update: More information added.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history