The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III Game's Video Reveals Story
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
Nihon Falcom began streaming a "demo movie" for its The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III PlayStation 4 "story role-playing game" on Thursday. The video previews the game's story. The character page of the game's official website also added descriptions for Giliath Osborne, Rufus Albarea, Claire Rieveldt, and Lechter Arundel.
The newly announced voice cast members, who are reprising their roles from previous games, are:
- Jouji Nakata as Giliath Osborne
- Daisuke Hirakawa as Rufus Albarea
- Miyu Matsuki as Claire Rieveldt
- Masakazu Morita as Lechter Arundel
Previously revealed voice cast members include:
- Kouki Uchiyama as Rean Schwarzer
- Nao Toyama as Juna Crawford
- Takuya Eguchi as Kurt Vander
- Inori Minase as Altina Orion
- Ami Koshimizu as Musse Egret
- Tomoaki Maeno as Ash Carbide
- Yuuko Sumitomo as Auerlia Le Guin
- Ai Nonaka as Towa Herschel
- Tomokazu Sugita as Major Michael
- Houchu Ohtsuka as G. Schmidt
- Takayuki Kondo as Agate Crosner
- Hiromi Konno as Tita Russell
- Kaori Mizuhashi as Tio Plato
- Shinichiro Miki as Randolph Orlando
- Takehito Koyasu as Olivert Reise Arnor
- Hisako Kanemoto as Fie Claussell
- Saori Hayami as Emma Millstein
- Yoshimasa Hosoya as Gaius Worzel
- Kotori Koiwai as Millium Orion
- Mai Aizawa as Celine
The game will ship in Japan on September 28. The game is the latest sequel in Nihon Falcom's Trails of Cold Steel role-playing game series, which is set in the same world as the company's other Kiseki (Trails) series games.
The regular physical edition of the game will cost 7,800 yen (about US$70), and the digital version will cost 7,200 yen (US$64). The limited-edition Kiseki Box will cost 9,200 yen (US$82) and bundle a mini soundtrack CD, set of four super-deformed rubber straps, 128-page full-color art book, and DLC invitation to Thors Military Academy. The first physical copies of the game will bundle a 2017-2018 calendar. People who pre-order the digital version from the PlayStation Store will receive a special PS4 theme, mini soundtrack, and DLC costume for Rean.
The first The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel game shipped in Japan for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita in September 2013. XSEED released the game in North America for both consoles in December 2015, and NIS America released the game in Europe for both consoles in January 2016. XSEED Games also released a PC version of the game on August 1. This version added more than 5,000 new voiced dialogue lines, which is about a 50% increase compared to the PS3 and PS Vita versions.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II shipped in Japan for the PS3 and PS Vita in September 2014. XSEED Games released the sequel in North America for both consoles last September, while NIS America released it in Europe for both consoles last November.
The first The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel game received a stage musical adaptation in January.