• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime/Manga Releases Delayed, Cancelled After Quake

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:32 am Reply with quote
Well... I preordered ma Madoka LE Bluray... I always wanted to know what happens when stuff gets delayed. Well, best of luck to them, I hope they don't lose much money out of this... hell, I know they WILL, but I just hope it won't be too bad.

Man, I don't really think ANYONE can author DVD/Bluray right now, with the rolling blackouts. Goddamn it, can't Japan catch a break?! They already had another quake, a 6.1...
Otaku_X

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:55 am Reply with quote
As unfortunate as these delays and cancellations are, it's kinda hard to feel all that bad about them, you know?

edit: I just wanted to make sure it was clear I was talking specifically about the delays, and not anything else dealing with this disaster. It's VERY easy to feel bad about everything else.
neocloud9

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:08 pm Reply with quote
A bummer, but a completely understandable one. Hope Japan's economy is able to bounce back soon!
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:45 pm Reply with quote
I figured as much. Here's to hoping things get back on schedule soon!
Sailor S

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:02 pm Reply with quote
neocloud9 wrote:
A bummer, but a completely understandable one. Hope Japan's economy is able to bounce back soon!

They've been waiting for that since what, the early 90's? Anyways, not surprised about this. I'm sure there will be some going through their anime withdrawl though.
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Gosick also delayed. Auto translation doesn't help much here.
Beelzebub also delayed. Official website doesn't say anything.

Quite weird that late night shows got delayed. Did they keep broadcasting new news at night, or did they keep repeating the news like Sky News?
Bell02

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:24 pm Reply with quote
I was wonder if they were going to delay shows or just push back their episodes, I guess this answers my question. I'd have preferred a push-back because it'll be easier to fallow, but it stinks because some people don't get to watch it at all, so those that do are lucky regardless.
Animerican14

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Is this the sort of list that will be continuously updated, with more delays or cancellations of episodes, blu-ray releases, etc to come? I hope not... Puella Magi Madoka Magica has really been the only show I'm watching this season, and I'm having enough of a hard time concentrating on college stuff without thinking about that series and waiting for the next episode. Granted, in the grand scheme of the tsunami/earthquake and other life-affecting happenings, This Really Does Not Matter, but I still don't want any delays to the remaining episodes' broadcast...

Sailor S wrote:

neocloud9 wrote:

They've been waiting for that since what, the early 90's? Anyways, not surprised about this. I'm sure there will be some going through their anime withdrawl though.

Actually, I believe that the New York Times did talk about in yesterday's edition that, after the short-term nosedive in the economy (I believe Japan's stock market fell by around 5% by Monday?), there could potentially be more jobs created through shoring up on infrastructure and such. Even so, there's this other NYT article that shows it certainly won't be easy coming out of this...

Last edited by Animerican14 on Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:47 pm Reply with quote
neocloud9 wrote:

Ditto ditto.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:47 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if this would be a good time to purchause anime, manga, games, or almost ANY tiype of imported goods (or localized) to help out their economy a bit. I read people were actually going to be buying a bunch of anime for the first time EVER, only to try and help them out.

Nothing is going to air/publish/simulcast for quite some time, so perhaps helping out through purchauses could be something to do? (Along with donations, of course).
bravetailor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Otaku_X wrote:
As unfortunate as these delays and cancellations are, it's kinda hard to feel all that bad about them, you know?

edit: I just wanted to make sure it was clear I was talking specifically about the delays, and not anything else dealing with this disaster. It's VERY easy to feel bad about everything else.

It's pretty hard to get production and staff on schedule to release something when much of the infrastructure in Japan has come to a standstill. Have a little understanding about delays, geez.
Saturn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Animerican14 wrote:
Is this the sort of list that will be continuously updated, with more delays or cancellations of episodes, blu-ray releases, etc to come? I hope not... Puella Magi Madoka Magica has really been the only show I'm watching this season, and I'm having enough of a hard time concentrating on college stuff without thinking about that series and waiting for the next episode. Granted, in the grand scheme of the tsunami/earthquake and other life-affecting happenings, This Really Does Not Matter, but I still don't want any delays to the remaining episodes' broadcast...

SHAFT is kind of notorious for barely making their deadlines anyway (and clearly have the same problem with this show, or we wouldn't have Meduka Meguca...), I'd be willing to bet we can count on PMMM being delayed for a while. I'm with you though, I can't wait to see the end.
Prince_Kurama

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:24 pm Reply with quote
i think that even with everything going on, japan can recover, they are a very strong people and a strong nation, i believe that by the end of the year, you will see a complete turn around, and who's with me in saying that next year in the Olympics, that japan is probably gonna be the dominate country because they are gonna want to win as many gold medals as possible to keep the hopes of there people up
bravetailor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Prince_Kurama wrote:
i think that even with everything going on, japan can recover, they are a very strong people and a strong nation, i believe that by the end of the year, you will see a complete turn around, and who's with me in saying that next year in the Olympics, that japan is probably gonna be the dominate country because they are gonna want to win as many gold medals as possible to keep the hopes of there people up

End of the year? You gotta give me some of what you're smoking, because it must be real good stuff.
Melinda-chan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Physically? Maybe. Economically? Not without a lot of help. Emotionally and mentally? No.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3