• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Sound Attack

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haterater

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:50 am Reply with quote
Correction for the info about Tales of the Abyss. Its coming out for 3DS overseas this winter, not the Vita. Tales of Innocence is coming out for Vita, but its Japanese only at the moment.

I try to be optimistic for Tales of.. series, but Namco makes that difficult. Even if those two titles sale well, they still might not bring any more over for whatever reason. I would like Tales of Innocence and Xillia to come over, but chances are low. Hope Namco surprises us.
darkarcon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:35 am Reply with quote
Wasn't Xillia released like 2 weeks ago? I know i've had my copy for awhile, but haven't played it yet.

On the other news, i'm glad to see see Odin Sphere on psn. Only issue is that I hope some of the slowdown is gone with the better PS3 processor. Might have to read up before I decide to buy.

Hopefully Guardian Heroes does well on 360 and they decide to port it to PS3. I had played the original over at a friend's house a long time ago and just couldn't stop thinking how cool the game was.
doubleO7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:41 am Reply with quote
I have to wonder, what was so suggestive about Ring of Red's cover art?
Kyon27

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:11 am Reply with quote
doubleO7 wrote:

Two words: Cannon Penis
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Bloody Roar hoax: Really? A prank is a sign people want a game to be released? Isn't that just trolling on the hoax maker's part? Pretty immature if you ask me.

Odin Sphere: Well, releasing PS2 games on the PS3 is actually a smart idea but only for those who never got to play the game on the PS2. It's still annoying not to be able to play my old games on this new system. As for Odin Sphere, I highly recommend playing it. It's a grand game with an impressive story (repetitive dungeons might be off-putting for some though). It certainly outclasses Muramasa the Demon Blade, which had a less impressive tale to tell (but the music was good at least).

Ao no Kiseki: God, the wait for SC is too much! I'm very intrigued by what will happen next to Estelle and Joshua. Speaking of those two, I didn't mean to look so far ahead but it turns out spoiler[the Bright siblings appear in Zero no Kiseki as playable allies at some point]. A shame those lazy pinheads at Namco Bandai didn't properly translate the Gagharv trilogy (and an even bigger shame XSeed can't just rework it into something that actually resembles proper English, but that would be asking too much since they've got enough on their plates as it is). Ah well, here's to the continued wait for SC.

Tales of Xillia: This has got to come here. Same with Innocence R. I will not be happy if they skip over these games. Waiting for a Tales game this long since 360 Vesperia is just torment, but I will gladly wait for Graces F and Abyss 3DS. Anything to prove to our branch of Namco that we want more Tales.

Last edited by belvadeer on Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
anime racket

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, I wonder if I should import the new eva game?
glitteringloke

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:47 pm Reply with quote
darkarcon wrote:
Wasn't Xillia released like 2 weeks ago? I know i've had my copy for awhile, but haven't played it yet.

September 8. I've had it since like, the monday after that and i'm only 12 hours in. It's not as fun to play as ToG-F IMO.
TheRoyalFamily

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:22 pm Reply with quote
darkarcon wrote:

On the other news, i'm glad to see see Odin Sphere on psn. Only issue is that I hope some of the slowdown is gone with the better PS3 processor. Might have to read up before I decide to buy.

I let a coworker borrow my copy of the game back when the PS3 first came out, and I specifically asked him if he had any slowdown during the underworld sections. He said there was none.

I really hope that's true for the download version. Lack of BC to play this game specifically was one of the main reasons I didn't get a PS3 back when I could afford one. I really like the game, but I got to the part with Mercedes's first trip to the underworld, and the lag was too much for me to continue with the game.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:04 pm Reply with quote
why do people constantly have gloom and doom about the tales series; if we dont count ports or crazy remakes like voice over versions, all console Tales have come out since the ps2, and I think not counting xillia, only a small handful were never released here.

But we have gotten
Phantasia
Symphonia
Vesperia
Eternia
Legendia
Abyss
Destiny
Symphonia 2
are getting Grace F
and I think Radiant Mythology is a Tales spinoff that we got

its a pretty good track record
thepsychogamer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:41 pm Reply with quote
There's a chance that the Miku game will make it to the states, albeit maybe with some content missing, if fans show there is some demand for the game in the west. Sega isn't like a certain other publisher I can think of. (I make a 80's ad campaign joke, but you probably already made it)

Going a bit off topic, speaking of Sega releasing games
Yakuza of the End was announced in the west (as Yakuza: Dead Souls) today. Best news of the day if you ask me.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Kyon27 wrote:
doubleO7 wrote:

"This is my rifle, this is my gun." Wink

belvadeer wrote:
Bloody Roar hoax: Really? A prank is a sign people want a game to be released? Isn't that just trolling on the hoax maker's part? Pretty immature if you ask me.

It's not the hoax itself, but the reaction it got, both cheering it when we thought it was real and cursing it when we found out it was fake, that sends the message.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:19 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
why do people constantly have gloom and doom about the tales series; if we don't count ports or crazy remakes like voice over versions, all console Tales have come out since the ps2, and I think not counting xillia, only a small handful were never released here.

But we have gotten
Phantasia
Symphonia
Vesperia
Eternia
Legendia
Abyss
Destiny
Symphonia 2
are getting Grace F

And just where on this board do you see someone dooming or glooming about Tales? =/

FYI, the Phantasia on GBA we got was poor quality and had an extremely unprofessional translation. Plus the release schedule has always been awkward (Abyss released stateside near FF12) and the fact we excluded nearly every 2D Tales in between doesn't make a shred of sense to anyone, fan or not.
Lightning Leo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:46 am Reply with quote
Kyon27 wrote:
doubleO7 wrote:

I think the proper naming is "Neo Armstrong Cyclone Jet Armstrong Cannon". Laughing
TheZeonicFront

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:33 am Reply with quote
It's getting to the point where I want to go to Sega HQ and punch everyone in the face until they release Valkyria Chronicles 3 stateside.

All these other odd games are coming here but not something that has proven legs.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:37 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
CrownKlown wrote:
why do people constantly have gloom and doom about the tales series; if we don't count ports or crazy remakes like voice over versions, all console Tales have come out since the ps2, and I think not counting xillia, only a small handful were never released here.

But we have gotten
Phantasia
Symphonia
Vesperia
Eternia
Legendia
Abyss
Destiny
Symphonia 2
are getting Grace F

And just where on this board do you see someone dooming or glooming about Tales? =/

FYI, the Phantasia on GBA we got was poor quality and had an extremely unprofessional translation. Plus the release schedule has always been awkward (Abyss released stateside near FF12) and the fact we excluded nearly every 2D Tales in between doesn't make a shred of sense to anyone, fan or not.

Dude read the very first post on this thread; and just go to any thread in general that relates to tales games and there is always someone saying it will never happen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2