• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kimagure Orange Road Box Set Sold Out

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:43 pm Reply with quote
That's unfortunate that the boxsets are sold out, as I wanted to get one. I suppose I'll just have to get the individual DVDs.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Proman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:31 pm Reply with quote
This doesen't make much sense from the commercial stand point. If the Box Set was so successful and there's still demand for it why not make more copies?
Seanb
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:28 pm Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
That's unfortunate that the boxsets are sold out, as I wanted to get one. I suppose I'll just have to get the individual DVDs.

You probably won't miss the box much. There's only art on two sides, and the back side is done up like the back of a DVD case, which makes a whole lot of sense for a box that was mostly offered direct-sale.
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:11 pm Reply with quote
I don't mind... I already have volume 1 (it was super cheap at AX last year) so I'll be getting the volumes separately anyway.

Though I would kinda want the OAV/movie box. *_* I don't have those on DVD yet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
[NewType]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:00 pm Reply with quote
O NOEZ! I was planning on getting this because it seemed overall cheaper to get this instead of buying them individually. As I remember animecornerstore.com has a bundle of the whole series. But as I remember the boxset on Animeigo's website was around $200 where buying the bundle is $238.98 (from Robert's.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1