• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Flowers of Evil TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:50 am Reply with quote
so this is their big announcement after building up hype from everyone on twitter yesterday??? Hmm I did not honestly see this coming.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:52 am Reply with quote
Cool! Super excited for this! Very Happy
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:54 am Reply with quote
Interesting. After two eppies, I find myself less interested in the story that is unfolding, but still very much digging the visual treatment. I probably won't know until I've seen the whole series on CR whether I'll want to buy it or not.

On the other hand, I may end up buying regardless just as an encouragement for R1 distribs to take chances on "riskier" titles.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:55 am Reply with quote
I was just thinking to myself earlier today that ANN seemed to be lacking the Aku no Hana debates since the Spring Preview ended. I guess we'll be seeing them again now.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:58 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
I was just thinking to myself earlier today that ANN seemed to be lacking the Aku no Hana debates since the Spring Preview ended. I guess we'll be seeing them again now.

I've got nothing else to say about the series right now expect for spoilers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
On the other hand, I may end up buying regardless just as an encouragement for R1 distribs to take chances on "riskier" titles.

It's probably far too late for the series I'd want to see licensed. FUNi won't even bother on Tatami Galaxy, a risky title, and that one has near universal praise.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:02 pm Reply with quote
OH LAWD. I wonder if they're going to give this one the dub/bluray treatment considering it's.... notoriety.

Now I guess we just wait for Sentai to announce the rights to Gargantia, eh? Very Happy
RestLessone

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Hm.

I've enjoyed the first two episodes and have purchased the first few manga volumes. Once I adjusted to the pacing, I was really able to get into the story. I'd be up for buying the series. (Depending on how the anime progresses, of course.)
Dop.L

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Excellent! I'm definitely going to have to buy this, mostly as this is for me one of the most compelling shows to come out for years, and partly as I want to support Sentai for having ignored the 'hive-mind' and looked at the show on its own merit.
agila61

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:11 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
OH LAWD. I wonder if they're going to give this one the dub/bluray treatment considering it's.... notoriety.

Now I guess we just wait for Sentai to announce the rights to Gargantia, eh? Very Happy

I noticed MC44 in Crunchyroll's forums guessing that Sentai would pick up 11 titles in total:

Quote:
1. Majestic Prince
2 The Severing Crime Edge
3 Photo Kano
4 Devil Survivor 2 The Animation
5 Flowers of Evil
6 Samurai Bride
7 My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU
8 Henneko – The Hentai Prince and the Stony Cat
9 Yuyushiki
10 Uta no Prince Sama 2 (Uta no Prince-sama: Maji Love 2000%) , Season 1 too...
11 Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet

Are those the announced titles in bold? That would be 5 down 6 to go (though I don't know that I expect Sentai to actually pick up 11 from this season).
ConanSan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:13 pm Reply with quote
The perfect ADV anime.
DKL

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:42 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Blood- wrote:

It's probably far too late for the series I'd want to see licensed. FUNi won't even bother on Tatami Galaxy, a risky title, and that one has near universal praise.

I wish we had more access to more of Yuasa's work in general.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:54 pm Reply with quote
agila61 wrote:
SpacemanHardy wrote:

I noticed MC44 in Crunchyroll's forums guessing that Sentai would pick up 11 titles in total:

Quote:
1. Majestic Prince
2 The Severing Crime Edge
3 Photo Kano
4 Devil Survivor 2 The Animation
5 Flowers of Evil
6 Samurai Bride
7 My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU
8 Henneko – The Hentai Prince and the Stony Cat
9 Yuyushiki
10 Uta no Prince Sama 2 (Uta no Prince-sama: Maji Love 2000%) , Season 1 too...
11 Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet

Are those the announced titles in bold? That would be 5 down 6 to go (though I don't know that I expect Sentai to actually pick up 11 from this season).

All of those series have streaming areas that align with Sentai's normal acquisitions and sublicenses to Crunchyroll. One of them is also a TBS series that already has an English name, so Snafu is almost a certainty.

I can't say for certain they will get all 11 of those series, but it wouldn't be surprising. It's also possisble that they may announce some of these much later as they've done in past seasons.
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Interesting, wonder if it'll get a dub.
agila61

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:18 pm Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:
All of those series have streaming areas that align with Sentai's normal acquisitions and sublicenses to Crunchyroll. One of them is also a TBS series that already has an English name, so Snafu is almost a certainty.

SNAFU doesn't line up exactly with Sentai's normal acquisitions, but that looks like it is by subtraction rather than addition ...

... that is US & Canada, the Nordic Countries and South Africa is "English Speaking Countries plus Scandinavia" minus UK & Oz. Its already showing on the Anime on Demand catalog, so we know where the UK & Ireland lockout is coming from. If Madman has expressed an interest in or is negotiating for SNAFU, then that would explain the Australia / NZ lockout.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4