• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - January 6th - January 12th

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Someone_II

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:00 pm Reply with quote
LordByronius wrote:
Gad Guard winds down with only two episodes left to go; will it, or perhaps the also-ran ROD the TV, air in repeats? Or perhaps G4TechTV Canada has another Geneon staple locked away somewhere that they anticipate on unloading at Gad Guard's end? Only time will tell!

The answer to that, my good man, is the adaptation to the ever talked about manga by Oh! Great which is known for its extreme bastardization in said comic format, Tenjho Tenge!
Canuckian

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:52 pm Reply with quote
And everyone's favorite Bike Anime will premirere this Tuesday on YTV at 3:30 PM, if you haven't found it yet, it's Idaten Jump, the latest Promotional Material from Hasbro/Tomy Takara.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:55 pm Reply with quote
LordByronius wrote:
Gunslinger Girl is for all of you out there wishing terribly to see cute, adorable little girls being forced through various forms of mind control into being highly effective gun-toting assassins.

Although I have not seen the entire series yet, that is probably the best one line description of a series I have seen in a while.

Seriously, they should put it on the packaging. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Someone_II wrote:
LordByronius wrote:
Gad Guard winds down with only two episodes left to go; will it, or perhaps the also-ran ROD the TV, air in repeats? Or perhaps G4TechTV Canada has another Geneon staple locked away somewhere that they anticipate on unloading at Gad Guard's end? Only time will tell!

The answer to that, my good man, is the adaptation to the ever talked about manga by Oh! Great which is known for its extreme bastardization in said comic format, Tenjho Tenge!

This man speaks the truth. Tenjho Tenge will immediately follow the last episode of Gad Guard which I believe is the following Wednesday.
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:18 pm Reply with quote
I tuned into Toonami and had no idea what was going on with "Prince of Tennis" or Mar. They skipped those episodes, so I'm confused. Yet I still tried to watch. But they really screwed up the schedule. Will they go to episodes 2 of them next week?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nebs

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Since they're probably only showing them to promote the shows on Jetstream, I really doubt it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:30 pm Reply with quote
I thought the same things about Afro Samurai, Brian. I watched the episode streaming on spiketv.com, so unless the episodes keep streaming on that site, I'm not going to be watching any more of this show.

As for The Prince of Tennis and MAR, it is disappointing that Cartoon Network doesn't seem to be taking them seriously, but then again, I can't blame them, since the dubs of both are pretty bad.

Besides all that, the returns of new episodes of Naruto, Bleach, and Eureka 7 all have me very excited!
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Let's not forget there's new eps of Trinity Blood airing now as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
RezSav

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:08 am Reply with quote
YARGH! I knew they were going to be showing Akira (from a bump I saw on Encore) sometime soon, just didn't realize it was last night. First time they show it in 2-3 years and I missed it... I should go buy it Very Happy
CanSomebodySayMedic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:35 am Reply with quote
You pulled a wrongo on last week's "Click", MCK and Daigunder aired different episoded other than u posted, i was very ashamed that u did not look at the JETIX schedule really closely, was it because of those "Yin Yang Yo!" bumps on the site, or you might have mis-checked the guide...
Like that goblin-like monster on MCK says: "gremmy"! (poof, u've got bad luck)
P.S. you should check the schedule more often, oh, and ANN did remind people about GG and Baslisk airing 2 nights ago (from this post).

--The FZ
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:34 am Reply with quote
RezSav wrote:
First time they show it in 2-3 years and I missed it... I should go buy it Very Happy

From price search. Cool

It is well worth it.

At one point rightstuf was offering the same dts version along with the soundtrack for $9.99. Which was of course a steal. I must say that out of anime OST's, that is probably the one that gets played more than any other. Least on an instrument level.

Edit:

Well, I take that statement back, but still it gets a lot of play time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Anime_Freak wrote:
Let's not forget there's new eps of Trinity Blood airing now as well.

I neglected to mention that because I don't care about it. Smile

And about Akira, I got the Geneon Signature Series version at Wal-Mart earlier last year for $7.50, along with the Geneon Signature Series version of Hellsing Volume 1 at the same place for the same price a little while later. Akira was great, Hellsing wasn't.
halochief_90

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:50 pm Reply with quote
The Click wrote:
After far too long, Canadian viewers will finally be introduced to Faye Valentine, the hottest gun-toting technically-senior-citizen in Japanese animation history.
Actually, we did get to see Faye in the form of the Cowboy Bebop Movie this passed April, which I believe even the US hasn't gotten on TV yet. Natch!

Last edited by halochief_90 on Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Break

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:26 pm Reply with quote
halochief_90 wrote:
Actually, we did get to see Faye in the form of the Cowboy Bebop Movie this passed April, which I believe even the US hasn't gotten on TV yet. Natch!

Adult swim showed it I think.

Anyway I finally saw Akira (going to see it 2-3 years ago when it was last on but missed it) and recorded it! It was good. And I'm mad that I missed Gunslinger Girl and Basilisk. Oh well at least I can catch it next week.
omar235

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Break wrote:
halochief_90 wrote:

Adult swim showed it I think.

Anyway I finally saw Akira (going to see it 2-3 years ago when it was last on but missed it) and recorded it! It was good. And I'm mad that I missed Gunslinger Girl and Basilisk. Oh well at least I can catch it next week.

They did, can't remember when and I loved it since it gave a bit more story into Spikes background. I think it showed a year or two ago.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2