• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z Game's English Trailer Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kamina170

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:14 am Reply with quote
two questions: who's voicing Birus, and when is funimation going to license the movie?
vangelionite88

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:53 am Reply with quote
kamina170 wrote:
two questions: who's voicing Birus, and when is funimation going to license the movie?

there were at least two other dbz movies released in the past 2-3 years, and not a word on their official release by funimation, does that not make you think of a few things?

from what I've heard fox has first dibs on any dbz movie that comes out from japan.

also i cant say that I care as much for these movies..... I saw bog, it was cool. but nothing new really, to the mindless masses that are dbz fans its got to be [expletive] gold...
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:08 pm Reply with quote
This is the first DBZ movie to come out since 1995 (in Japan).

The other two "movies" are actually OVAs (Episode of Bardock, Goku & Friends Return, which was first screened at a Shonen Jump event). We did get a remake of "Plan to Destroy the Saiyans" in 2010 as an extra on Raging Blast 2, but that was subtitled-only (FUNimation had nothing to do with that, other than being contracted to voice the dialogue in the game itself), despite fans clamoring for an English dub of the original for years. Blame Namco-Bandai (or is it Bandai-Namco?).

It's been assumed Bills is voiced by Jason Douglas and Whis by Ian Sinclair.

Last edited by PurpleWarrior13 on Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
rootsofjustice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:08 pm Reply with quote
A good ear on Fandom Post caught this:

Birus: Jason Douglas
Uis: Ian Sinclair
Wooga

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:28 pm Reply with quote
If you play as Whis, do you automatically win?
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Birisu's English voice is completely terrible. Big shock.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Hitokiri Kenshin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:58 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Birisu's English voice is completely terrible. Big shock.

Hard to say from that vid, but you should hear him in One Piece and Rosario + Vampire. He's good there. And I think everyone likes Ilpillazo from Excel Saga.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:40 pm Reply with quote
It's not the VA's fault. He was just miscast.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
AmishTheCool

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:04 am Reply with quote
1st question:is it coming in Europe for vita 2nd question:is it in game text and language English in game for vita in europe please say yes
NJ_

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:31 am Reply with quote
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
The other two "movies" are actually OVAs (Episode of Bardock, Goku & Friends Return, which was first screened at a Shonen Jump event). We did get a remake of "Plan to Destroy the Saiyans" in 2010 as an extra on Raging Blast 2, but that was subtitled-only (FUNimation had nothing to do with that, other than being contracted to voice the dialogue in the game itself), despite fans clamoring for an English dub of the original for years. Blame Namco-Bandai (or is it Bandai-Namco?).

We also got Episode Of Bardock as it was included as an extra in the DBZ Kinect game.
Primus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:02 am Reply with quote
AmishTheCool wrote:
1st question:is it coming in Europe for vita 2nd question:is it in game text and language English in game for vita in europe please say yes

Yes, it looks like Europe is getting a physical release of the Vita version too.

I can't really answer the second question, but I imagine so.
AmishTheCool

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:10 am Reply with quote
Ok thanks dude
AmishTheCool

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:29 am Reply with quote
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/09/19/dragon-ball-z-battle-of-z-delivers-day-one-bonuses-in-early-201/ see in this link its written vita owners get japaneese language but relase date also written wrong 2013 so it means this site is wrong any confirmation about this because I can't see in any other site that its written vita owners have to sacrifice on language it'd only that USA get digital so any replies that vita have both languages Japan and English I want badly English and I'm in Europe Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1