• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Touch Sensitive

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
otakunomike

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:43 pm Reply with quote
I actually wish Gundam Side Stories would come out in the US if only for a remastered version of Zeonic Front. That was a great little underrated PS2 game
Paul Soth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:47 pm Reply with quote
According to news that came out yesterday, the PS3 and PS4 versions of Guilty Gear Xrd will have online cross-play between the platforms and at least one new character for the home version.
CatzCradle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:02 pm Reply with quote
I'm torn between the the two Harvest Moon games coming out, only have the budget big enough to buy one >.<

And hnggg! I so want that new Touch Detective 3 game! Hoping it gets licensed in English here!
TyrantRaveOmega

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:55 am Reply with quote
The real shame is that they did not include Order Sol in Xrd. Looks like we will have to wait until Guilty Gear Xrd: ampersand Q batman symbol for him!
Levitz9

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Success is still around? Wow--I thought they had gone under after Windy X Windam crashed and burned.
Fronzel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:41 pm Reply with quote
I was kind of disappointed by the first Touch Detective game. The creepy, blank-eyed character design is calling out for a bizarre, slightly unsettling atmosphere to match, but it feels more like a normal kid's cartoon or something.
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Paul Soth wrote:
According to news that came out yesterday, the PS3 and PS4 versions of Guilty Gear Xrd will have online cross-play between the platforms and at least one new character for the home version.

well i will definitely take GG XRD over the waste of time and money that is USFIV. they should have left well enough alone with SSFIVAE.

no way anyone is gonna pay $39.99 just to get new characters. sure i would have been fine with the previous 4 considering they were insanely popular in SF X TK , but SERIOUSLY? A FREAKING CAMMY CLONE AS THE 5TH?

i mean come on now. i would have been satisfied if it was reserved for a console exclusive, or better yet they could have allowed popular Alpha characters like Charile , Karin or Rainbow Mika for the final slot or even one of the popular characters from the EX series or even the rival schools series since it sort of tie in to the SF universe. but the resort to a clone which means their seriously getting desperate on milking this series as much as they can.

worse all of that for just $40 bucks? if it was 20 then some would manage but 40 is mainly the price for a new game.

bit of advice. save that money for GG XRD instead.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Man the irony in that post is so delicious.

You're going to buy a game that a year from now will have a $40+ expansion. Then a year after that will have another one and so on.

You say this while ignorantly slamming SF for the same thing except its expansions are probably even more spaced out and don't have DLC characters on top of the expansions like Blaz Blue.

It's also only $40 for the physical. Super and Arcade can be updated to Ultra for $15.

It's also you're loss, but at least stop being ignorant. Decrape does not play anything like Cammy and is an exclent character with cool zoneing abilities. Pretty much all of the other new characters have been great.

SF4 has a huge lively community and updates that bring new life into that game are not a waste of time for people who actually care about the game. This is like complaining about WoW reciving expansions. SF is not a release and that's it game, not for the actual SF scene. You obviously aren't a part of it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
YaarghThePain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:07 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Ky Kiske's lame little ponytail

Objection! The ponytail is awesome!
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:31 am Reply with quote
actually i do. i currently play SSFIVAE. if this expansion was like 20 i would have considered it , but definitely not the price for a new game.

also like many people we buy the physical disks and not the digital downloads so that price for 15 is also debunked for those that dont have the DD.

its as i said , it better off to save that money for the GGXrd game or the next Blaze Blue game instead of wasting it on another SF update. it should have ended with arcade edition.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nhat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:00 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
actually i do. i currently play SSFIVAE. if this expansion was like 20 i would have considered it , but definitely not the price for a new game.

also like many people we buy the physical disks and not the digital downloads so that price for 15 is also debunked for those that don't have the DD.

its as i said , it better off to save that money for the GGXrd game or the next Blaze Blue game instead of wasting it on another SF update. it should have ended with arcade edition.

It's only $15 for an upgrade....

Here's the list of changes per character:
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/may/22/final-ultra-street-fighter-4-balance-change-list/

Abel

• Close Standing HP first hit hitbox greatly expanded downward
• Hitbox on the 2nd hit of C.HP extended lower
• Far Standing HK start-up reduced by 1 frame (14F → 13F); active frames increased by (2F → 3F); recovery reduced by 1 frame (19F → 18F)
• Falling Sky active frames increased by 1 frame (2F → 3F); upper-body invincibility frames increased by 1 (1F → 2F)
• EX Change of Direction starts up 3 frames faster (16F → 13F)
• 2nd low hit advantage increased by 4 frames (+1F → +5F)
• Finish slow startup reduced by 5 frames (22F→ 17F)
• Heartless (Super Combo) active frames increased by 2 (2F→ 4F)
• Soulless (UC1) pushbox greatly expanded upward, less likely to cross under after Crouching HP in the corner

Adon

• Crouching LP advantage on hit increased by 1 frame (+5F → +6F)
• Close Standing HK hitbox slightly expanded horizontally and upward
• Jaguar Crunch (6+MP) frame advantage against standing opponents reduced by 1 frame (+4F → +3F)
• L Rising Jaguar 2nd hit on grounded opponents floats higher upward and slightly more forward, easier to follow in the corner
• L, M and H Rising Jaguar → EX Focus Cancel → Forward Dash is now -5F on block
• L Jaguar Kick damage reduced by 50 against airborne opponents (140 → 90)
• M Jaguar Kick damage reduced by 10 on standing opponents (140 → 130); damage against airborne opponents reduced by 50 (140 → 90); chip damage changed to 33
• H Jaguar Kick damage reduced by 10 on standing opponents (130 → 120); damage against airborne opponents reduced by 40 (130 → 90); chip damage changed to 30; top side of the hitbox has been reduced slightly
• M and H Air Jaguar disadvantage on block increased (-2F when done from the lowest height)
• All versions of Air Jaguar Kick chip reduced by half
• EX Air Jaguar Kick 2nd hit now overhead
• Jaguar Revolver (UC1) forward movement from 2nd hit and after slightly shortened, easier to connect all hits on close opponents; damage reduced by 30 (510 → 480); Active frames on the first kick reduced by 1F (7F → 6F)
• Crouch lp has one more frame of hitstun added (+5F → +6F)

Akuma

• Close Standing MK now forces stand on hit; start-up reduced by 1 frame (5F → 4F); hitbox expanded downward; recognition range increased
• Far stand heavy punch now EX Red Focus/Special/EX Focus Cancellable; damage reduced by 30 (120 → 90)
• Crouching HK can no longer be cancelled into Wrath of the Raging Demon (UC1)
• All versions of Back Jump Zanku Hadoken recovery increased by 2F
• L, M and H Hyakkishu now have the same EX Zanku Hadoken follow-up as EX Hyakkishu
• M Goshoryuken 2nd hit can no longer be EX Focus-cancelled on block
• H Goshoryuken 2nd and 3rd hit can no longer be EX Focus-cancelled on block; invincibility time reduced by 1 frame (6F → 5F)
• L, M and H Goshoryuken → EX Focus Cancel → Forward Dash is now -5 on block
• EX Shakuretsu starts up 6 frames faster (25F → 19F)
• L Hurricane hitbox increased downward slightly

Balrog

• L Dash Straight advantage on hit increased by 1 frame (-2F → -1F)
• M Dash Straight pushback on hit has been reduced
• L Dash Swing Blow damage reduced by 10 (80 → 70); stun reduced by 30 (100 → 70); advantage on hit reduced by 10 frames (+10F → 0F); disadvantage on block reduced by 3 frames (-5F → -2F); charge time reduced by 10 frames (55F → 45F)
• M Dash Swing Blow advantage on hit reduced by 8F (+10F → +2F); disadvantage on block reduced by 1 frame (-7F → -6F); charge time reduced by 5 frames (55F → 50F)
• Turn Punch charge from Level 2-4 has been adjusted to 2 seconds per level
• Turn Punch Lv2 disadvantage after block reduced by 1 frame ( -5F → -4F)
• Turn Punch Lv3 disadvantage after block reduced by 1 frame (-8F → -7F); disadvantage after hit reduced by 1 frame (-4F → -3F)
• Turn Punch Lv4 disadvantage after block reduced by 3 frames (-12F → -9F); disadvantage after hit reduced by 3 frames (-8F → -5F)
• Crazy Buffalo (Super Combo) last hit can be changed to a straight when holding P or an uppercut when holding K
• Dirty Bull (UC2) input command changed from 63214 x2+PPP to 720+PPP; recovery reduced by 10 frames (58F → 48F) after a successful Ultra; throw range extended from 1.09 to 1.30; damage reduced by 149 (399 → 250)

Blanka

• Forward Dash total frames reduced by 1 frame (21F → 20F)
• Close Standing MK now airborne 1 frame sooner (from 4F→ 3F)
• Crouching MK advantage on hit increased by 1 frame (+4F → +5F); pushback on guard and hit increased
• H Rolling Attack knocks down the opponent at all distances
• All versions of Backstep Roll cause 2F more block-stun
• All versions of Vertical Roll can be EX Focus-cancelled on hit or block
• Shout of Earth (P version) now has a larger hitbox on the 1st active frame; no longer hits standing opponents

Cammy

• Close Standing HP damage reduced by 5 (85 → 80); stun reduced by 30 (150 → 120)
• Far Standing HP 1st active frame damage reduced by 10 (80 → 70)
• Crouching LK start-up increased by 1 frame (3F → 4F)
• Crouching HP damage reduced by 10 (90 → 80); stun reduced by 50 (200 → 150); advantage on hit decreased by 1 frame (+7F → +6F)
• H Spiral Arrow first hit now has one more frame of hit stun (+3F → +4F)
• L, M and H Cannon Strike height restriction slightly reduced; recovery increased by 2F (5F → 7F)
• EX Cannon Strike block-stun reduced by 5F
• Hooligan Combination now has L, M and H Cannon Strike follow-up
• L, M and H Cannon Spike → EX Focus Cancel → Forward Dash is now -5 on block
• Gyro Drive Smasher (UC1) non-cinematic last hit damage reduced by 40 (210 → 170)

Chun-Li

• Vitality increased by 50 (900 → 950)
• Rear Spin Kick (3+LK) hitbox expanded; start-up reduced by 2 frames (12F → 10F); active frames reduced by 1 frame (4F → 3F); recovery increased by 1 frame (15F → 16F)
• Yosokyaku (Jump 2+MK, all 3 hits) hitbox expanded downward and horizontally
• Light spinning bird kick now causes knockdown; damage reduced by 60 (160 → 100); recovery reduced by 2F (12F → 10F); stun reduced by 80 (180 → 100)
• Heavy spinning bird kick total damage increased by 10 (200 → 210); now causes knockdown on hit; (recovery increased by 4F (12F → 16F)
• EX Spinning Bird Kick hitbox slightly expanded forward and downward; 5th hit hitbox slightly expanded upward
• EX Kikoken now causes knockdown on hit
• EX Hazanshu now has armor-break properties
• UC1 now floats lower on hits 2-7; damage reduced on hits 2-9 by 10 each (30 → 20)
• Kikosho (UC2) invincibility increased by 1 frame (8F → 9F), damage increased by 35 (330 → 365)

And a lot more in the link above but this gives you a taste of what they did
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The price of a new game is $50 or $60. Ultra is not the price of a new game. It is the price of pretty much every re-release or expansion this gen. There is nothing crazy about it's price for the physical edition, which is meant for people who have no version of the game already.

Quote:
also like many people we buy the physical disks and not the digital downloads so that price for 15 is also debunked for those that don't have the DD.
So you pay the premium and normal price for the disk. Or you can stop complaining and buy the digital version for far cheaper. You already have a physical edition of the game. Capcom gave you options and at no point was un-fair.

Quote:
its as i said , it better off to save that money for the GGXrd game or
That also will release plenty of expansions at $40+

Quote:
the next Blaze Blue game
That releases $40+ expansions(without dlc options) and then asks you to spend more money on the dlc characters that are part of the expansion, but withheld.

Quote:
nstead of wasting it on another SF update. it should have ended with arcade edition
Well then I kind of doubt you are really into SF if you think this. Ultra brings much needed fixes to the game. And also adds some pretty awesome games. There's a reason the actual community is really loving it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1