• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Sweetness and Light

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GVman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:20 am Reply with quote
Everyone's boobs getting bigger in One Piece apparently happened because of the model he started dating (and is now married to, I think). I guess Oda didn't care about boobs before he met her.

As for Buggy being in every One Piece thing, Oda is the guy that likes him; he's stated that the guy is his favorite character in the series.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:41 am Reply with quote
I think I'd enjoy a domestic release of Casting Voice. It sounds like a neat idea. Imagine yelling at the voice actors over and over again.

"Damn it Spike! Read from the [expletive] script!"

"You're off [expletive] key again, Christine!"

"It's been fourteen [expletive] years, Wendee! What happened to the Goddamn voice?"
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:50 am Reply with quote
You are probably right, that in the scheme of things, no one will really care what they did to the cover, unless they are a game cover enthusiast.

But to the other comment, that people would prefer the censored version over the Japanese version, I would take issue with. As with most things that are censored, the censorship is a distraction. Anyone familiar with the show would know that the cover has been tampered with, since when do you hide the main characters.
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:39 pm Reply with quote
I am looking forward to the Legend of Korra game! It would be nice to finally have something related to the Avatar-verse that is actually good, other than the TV show and sequel comics. They've failed video games in the past for Avatar and we don't need to discuss the movie we all wish didn't exist. But man, that Avatar Book 2 game I rented from the library was just god-awful, their mouths didn't even move during cutscenes. C'mon, people, that wasn't even ok in the PS1 era, let alone two console gens later on a 360.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:50 pm Reply with quote
With only a couple weeks left with the limited print order, I'm surprised this week's X Button didn't even mention Class of Heroes 2G!

Well, I'll plug it there and hopefully it'll get a mention next week Smile

Oh, also those Natural Doctrine LE sets just sold out sometimes today, it appears.
Dmysta3000

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Legend of Korra game by Platinum

Really excited for this, Platinum hasn't lest me down yet!

Speaking of that series the third season premiered last week and its actually really good so far!

Agatha in Hyrule Warriors

Kind of annoyed that she got in over someone like Ashei, also this kinda leads me to believe that this game (storywise at least) will be a followup to Twilight Princess, what with Midna also confirmed playable and Link and Zelda's TP costumes confirmed as DLC....
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Hmm I'm not to shocked that bandai choose to cover up nami and robin's breast in the cover art. Code of princess, hyperdimension neptunia and other games that have had big breast on the Japanese cover art as well. However when being localized they choose to hide the breast of the girls in some way. None of those games where censored as well so I highly doubt that One Piece Unlimited World will be as well.

Last edited by Cecilthedarkknight_234 on Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cetais

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Did anyone noticed that they almost censored Zoro's breast? THIS GAME NEED TO BE BOYCOTTED
LinkTSwordmaster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Dmysta3000 wrote:

Agatha in Hyrule Warriors

Kind of annoyed that she got in over someone like Ashei, also this kinda leads me to believe that this game (storywise at least) will be a followup to Twilight Princess, what with Midna also confirmed playable and Link and Zelda's TP costumes confirmed as DLC....

Ya, I don't actually have anything against Agatha, but I think they could have switched her out for someone a bit different (I'm going to slit my wrists if the Oracle of Ages & Seasons villains aren't in the game).

One Piece

I had NO idea this game even existed. It almost looks like it is the game I was hoping Pirate Warriors 2 would have turned out to be, so I'll certainly be keeping an eye on it once it launches.

Did anyone happen to buy Gundam Reborn?

I'm liking it more than One Piece: PW2 for sure, but the controls have seemed a little floaty through the tutorial operation so far. I'm going to have to play farther in to see if it is better than DWG 2 and 3. Character control and combos don't seem anywhere near as "tight" as they do in Dynasty Warriors 8.
Paul Soth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:06 pm Reply with quote
In Guilty Gear news, it was announced that the console versions of Xrd -SIGN- will include Sin from Guilty Gear 2: Overture as a playable fighter. Sin, being the denim-loving son of Ky and Dizzy and student of Sol.

http://shoryuken.com/2014/07/01/guilty-gear-2-overtures-sin-playable-in-console-versions-of-guilty-gear-xrd-sign/

And shots:

http://shoryuken.com/2014/07/02/famitsu-releases-first-images-of-playable-sin-in-guilty-gear-xrd-sign/
luisedgarf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Just a correction: Terra Cresta was developed by Nichibutsu, not Taito.
iloveturkey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:44 pm Reply with quote
I'm sorry, but is a Kotaku writer writing these articles or something? Because I've noticed week after week these things have had the same kind of condescending tone about sexuality. Last week's was the Morrigan figure and now the nagging tone about Oda ruining One Piece because he draws his women shapely and attractive. Not to mention never missing a beat to get in a snide remark in about Samus as well. It seems odd to hear this on an anime site is all. You'd think the anime community would be more open minded about the expression of sexuality.
Covnam

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Those contemplating which edition to buy should note that the PS3 and Wii U have only two-player co-op while the 3DS and Vita games invite up to four players, so there's some advantage to going with a small-screen release. The Vita version is, however, a GameStop exclusive, and the Wii U one is download-only. I try not to pity the Wii U any more than it merits here, but…ouch.

Besides the co-op, is there any other reason to get one version over another? I know the game was originally on the 3DS, but are there any visual upgrades on one version compared to another, or more content, or better sound, or anything else that would make one version the one to get?
Lavnovice9

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:55 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
But to the other comment, that people would prefer the censored version over the Japanese version, I would take issue with. As with most things that are censored, the censorship is a distraction. Anyone familiar with the show would know that the cover has been tampered with, since when do you hide the main characters.

Reminds me of all those Bleach manga covers Viz censor by re-positioning the logo over cleavage. Quite silly and looks out of place

Really disappointed in Bamco of America for that cover. Just reinforces my comment in the other thread about their teasing of localizing the Digimon Cybersluthe game should just be met with complete apathy. I remember someone said something like "at least they don't do it to Naruto and One Piece" games but they spoke too soon I guess. I hope the actual game costumes go uncensored or I wonder if they'll just remove the alternate costumes for Nami and Robin
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:53 pm Reply with quote
So we should have complete apathy at Namco bringing over a niche game because they changed the cover of another niche game(one they even released physically and on the vita no less) slightly without actually censoring the game itself?

Well that sounds completly reasonable.

I also didn't know that being down on blatant sexulization for titliation means I'm aginst sexual expressions. Funny how those kind of people try to spin that. Just because I'm a Japanese anime fan sure dosent mean I have to be on board with questionable things.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4