• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What does Sailor Moon mean to you? Audience Favorites - Final Round

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:12 pm Reply with quote
I'll put announcements and answers to questions in this post so people can see them. No TLDR excuses.

tygerchickchibi wrote:
Or were these just the one picked for audience favorite only? :0

These are just the audience favorites.

The Grand, First, Second and "Most Original" prize winners are not listed here. You'll find out who they are over the next couple days.

Quote:

I got a 404 after voting

Don't worry about it. Your vote was counted. The page that the survey redirects to after voting hadn't been posted. I've fixed it, but there's no need for you to vote again. (If you return to the survey you'll see that your vote is saved, although you can change your choice...)

If you want to see the after vote page, here it is: animenewsnetwork.com/contest/2014-07-14/what-does-sailor-moon-mean-to-you/.76663

tygerchickchibi wrote:
Oh, I don't see a deadline for voting here. I do see announcements for the winners starting tomorrow, so does this mean we only have one day to vote?

Voting will last several days. But I will close it later this week without prior warning. The Audience Favorite winner will be announced towards the end of the week.

someone will ask... wrote:
Where can I see the survey results?
The survey results are a secret until we announce the winner.

Last edited by Tempest on Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:17 pm; edited 5 times in total
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:12 pm Reply with quote
I had a really hard time choosing my favorite from this list. I really feel bad for Char and the team at Viz who had to look through all the finalists to pick the grand prize (and other prize) winners.

Out of 36 entries, there's easily 10 that I would have happily voted for.

In the end, my choice was for meeks. It was one of my favorite two pieces of artwork in the final round, and I like how the fan-art was relevant to the story.

In terms of pure artistic merit though, I think Brianna Angelakis' is one of the two best in the entire contest.

-t

Last edited by Tempest on Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Aww poop, I didn't make it, neither did the person I wish would have won...

Or were these just the one picked for audience favorite only? :0

Maybe I misunderstood.

[trying not to make a repeat post]

I literally had a hard time choosing my favorite as well... @__@;

And I know two people in this list and my heart goes for Princess Mentality Cosplay because I can relate to her in so many ways regarding PoC cosplay.

But then, Bree and Sable point also gave me some feels here.

This is really hard.

Last edited by tygerchickchibi on Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:29 pm Reply with quote
I didn't get in either... But one of the people I wanted to see get the prize the most is one of the finalists which is good (It's Evan by the way...)

Looks like the rallying my fans was all for naught (unless I win one of the other prizes, which I doubt). I guess none of my fans were registered here... Oh well...

On the bright side working on one of the stories during the rally gave me a big dose inspiration for it... before then the plot was aimless, now it has a real plot-line!
MiharuTan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:30 pm Reply with quote
[Post Removed]

Last edited by MiharuTan on Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:39 am; edited 2 times in total
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:31 pm Reply with quote
I find it interesting that a majority of these people, however have fan pages, lol.

Not like the Viz Staff would know, but I know a few people who are posted are popular on the interwebs.
Sailor Star Dust

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Hoping I made it into one of the other categories. Anime smile + sweatdrop Lots of solid choices for the Audience Favorite category.

EDIT: Bah, I'm also getting a 404 with voting.

Edit (true^2): Looks like the voting 404's been fixed Smile

Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Oh, I don't see a deadline for voting here. I do see announcements for the winners starting tomorrow, so does this mean we only have one day to vote?

Did I also overlook it?
silentgrace7

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:59 pm Reply with quote
I got a 404 with the voting as well. But if I can eventually make it go through, I would definitely vote for that cute little comic ^^
KrisRix

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm getting the 404 error too... : ( Anyone know what's going on with that?
Sailor Star Dust

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:09 pm Reply with quote
It's been fixed. Smile
KrisRix

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Sailor Star Dust wrote:
It's been fixed. Smile

Oh, great! Thanks for telling me, : )
angelbunnyjp

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:31 pm Reply with quote
I got into contact with my favorite finalist (found her on twitter on accident actually lol) (so glad she made it!!) and I can assure you that she isn't popular on the internet and most people don't know who she is so I think a lot of this voting was done very fairly.

I sure hope she wins! It's the Lauren Ashley one.

Brianna's artwork is breathtaking. Based on art, I adore hers.
Tempest you are right, some of these are simply so amazing. I wish there were more winners in the contest.
moonlightheroine

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:32 pm Reply with quote
tygerchickchibi wrote:
I find it interesting that a majority of these people, however have fan pages, lol.

Not like the Viz Staff would know, but I know a few people who are posted are popular on the interwebs.

Yeah...and I've seen a few cases of some begging/pleading for votes from their "fans" as well.

But. I have faith the fans will dole out some moon justice and vote for the entries that really deserve it because of what they are, and not just who's in them.
Rainsan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Yeah...and I've seen a few cases of some begging/pleading for votes from their "fans" as well.

But. I have faith the fans will dole out some moon justice and vote for the entries that really deserve it because of what they are, and not just who's in them.

I actually purposely checked to make sure i didn't vote for someone who did this on a fanpage i follow on facebook. i left her a comment saying it wasnt fair and tried to be nice to her about the whole thing (some other people also commented to her) she rly didn't seem to care though but i hope people actually read the stories for their merit and not just vote for people they may have some contact with, with the few finalist on this page now i think people will vote fairly now because its easy to read about 20 or so entries.

In response to tempest, i think its cool u ended up liking Brianna Angelakis because i remember she was the last entry added and because of a forum post! I liked hers too, although the person i would have picked for 'most creative' is still in the running for audience fav so ill be curious as to who won that prize. =)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3