• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kyoto International Manga Anime Fair 2014

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Man, it'd be nice to be able to go these event, It looks time consuming to upload all those pics.
Jajanken

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Dang I want those uchouten kazoku figures. Plus the tokyo ghoul and HXH stands look badass
shiranehito

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Whoa, really envious to those who were able to attend. The merchandise and gallery looks really awesome.
I'll just wait for some merch to appear in auction Wink
ninjapet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:38 am Reply with quote
I managed to go on Saturday and it was a lot of fun. I caught the Wake Up Girls! concert and went to the Manpa girls event as well.

The line to get in to the Clamp event was two hours long, and the line to buy anything there was another hour wait. I didn't get to go due to that since I got there around noon and went off to see all the other stuff first. One of my friends managed to get in 30mins before closing and picked up the clear file sets (they were $15 each...).

Oh and I got to try the 3d viewer set up they had, it was the opening scene from Idolm@ster OFA.
REInnocent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:55 am Reply with quote
wow..that was awesome event...
CatzCradle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Whoa wasn't expecting to see RWBY cosplays already in Japan . Razz
Shiggity

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:56 am Reply with quote
What is this event exactly? Is it a convention? A trade show? "Manga Anime Fair" makes me think it's a con of sorts... Someone fill me in.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:47 am Reply with quote
Shiggity wrote:
What is this event exactly? Is it a convention? A trade show? "Manga Anime Fair" makes me think it's a con of sorts... Someone fill me in.

It wasn't really a con, it was more of a trade show. There were only industry booths set up and a display for Clamp that was about $5 to get in to. The rest was free if you showed your passport and were from out of the country. (which is how I got in for free and bypassed the main line)

There were concerts and other stage events but the tickets were sold out months ago. Plus there wasn't any info about them on the English site so any non-Japanese person lucked out with that.
Shiggity

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:48 am Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
Shiggity wrote:

It wasn't really a con, it was more of a trade show. There were only industry booths set up and a display for Clamp that was about $5 to get in to. The rest was free if you showed your passport and were from out of the country. (which is how I got in for free and bypassed the main line)

There were concerts and other stage events but the tickets were sold out months ago. Plus there wasn't any info about them on the English site so any non-Japanese person lucked out with that.

Ah... Okay. Thanks! Smile
SweetOrenji

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:50 am Reply with quote
No mekakucity actors HAHAHA
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1