• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Durarara!!×2 Casts M.A.O, Kappei Yamaguchi, Hiro Shimono, Yuuki Ono

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:00 pm Reply with quote
3 cours of DRRR. I am fine with that, in fact quite happy to know Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
traveling

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Has an anime ever been split cour twice like this?
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Oh crap... I just looked up that Vorona character, because of her actress, and... oh crap... Ichimichi Mao doing that kind of character is going to break my brain.
WikiSonic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:06 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if they're going to fully adapt the first series of the light novel. I remember reading that they didn't get that far with the first season even though it was 2 cours.

But 3 cours, though! I don't think I've seen anything like that for a light novel adaptation.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:30 pm Reply with quote
3 split cours seems like a pain but still sweet
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Wow, first time I'm seeing something like this. Durarara has been a show I've been planning on seeing. Should get around to checking out the first season of it soon.
Lovely

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:17 pm Reply with quote
So excite, so excite, SO EXCITE.

Also, anime is gonna go farther through the novels than I was originally expecting. Gonna take my mind time to adjust to this new fact!
Dian Z

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:43 pm Reply with quote
WikiSonic wrote:
I wonder if they're going to fully adapt the first series of the light novel. I remember reading that they didn't get that far with the first season even though it was 2 cours.

Do you mean that by the 'first full series', they're gonna adapt the rest of 10 volumes?
They only adapted 3 volumes for the fist season (26 episodes). Three volumes are not that much of a material to be adapted into a 26-episodes season I think, but they surprisingly managed to have a good pacing.

If they'll adapt more than 6 novels in 3 separate cours, guess the pacing will be too fast.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:50 pm Reply with quote
WikiSonic wrote:

Yes, that looks to be the plan according to the PV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HCz8G2Pss8

I was lucky enough to get the lottery for this stage where they made the announcements and you can imagine the cheers it got. Very happy though I guess this means we'll have to wait a bit longer for the next season of Natsume, which I still believe will come with time.
WikiSonic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Well, depending on the source material, it is definitely doable to adapt 10 volumes in 3 cours.
GokuMew2 wrote:

Yes, that looks to be the plan according to the PV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HCz8G2Pss8

And if that's the case, I wonder if the pacing will suffer any, since the pacing in the first season was very steady even though only 3 volumes were adapted. We'll have to see, though.

Despite all that, I'm very excited to finally be able to see the rest of Durarara!!
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:08 am Reply with quote
Assuming they have 12-13 episodes for each upcoming cour, it will mean a total TV episode count to 63.
rrizqiw

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:36 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Assuming they have 12-13 episodes for each upcoming cour, it will mean a total TV episode count to 63.

12 x 3 = 36
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:07 am Reply with quote
3x13 is 39, plus the 24 TV episodes from the first season, makes 63. Plus the 12.5 episode, plus episode 25 of the first season.
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:08 am Reply with quote
Quote:
M.A.O as Vorona

Hoped that they'll give this role to Jenya (person#94741). Oh, well, I guess it was impossible to begin with.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:08 am Reply with quote
I rather see 3 consecutive cours, but I will gladly take 36-39 more episodes of Durarara!! I also wonder if x2 will cover all the material from the original novels.

Durarara!! is definitely my most anticipated anime of 2015, unless a third Monogatari season and/or a new Madoka Magica series also air.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2