• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sekai Project to Release G-senjou no Maou, Chrono Clock, Root Double PC Games

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimmydip

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:49 pm Reply with quote
I don't understand why they are removing the erotic content... Are they also going to sell the 18+ or are they pulling a MoeNovel on us?
terminus24

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:57 pm Reply with quote
jimmydip wrote:
I don't understand why they are removing the erotic content... Are they also going to sell the 18+ or are they pulling a MoeNovel on us?
AFAIK, they have to remove it to get it on Steam.
ArmyofDarkness

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Then man up and release both versions. This censoring shit is unacceptable, for any reason. I pray that Denpasoft comes in and saves the day.
MCAL

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:03 pm Reply with quote
I thought Denpasoft was Sekai Project though... Not sure...

Anyway, apparently we'll learn at Otakon.

As for Chrono Clock, my understanding is the sex scenes aren't even in the story. They are just side events.

And yes, I'm excited.
ArmyofDarkness

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:07 pm Reply with quote
MCAL wrote:
Umm... Denpasoft is Sekai Project...

Really? Clearly I was unaware as they don't really state that anywhere on their sites. Why have two separate publishing titles though? Seems kinda redundant when you can just have separate sections of the same company name.
MCAL

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:14 pm Reply with quote
ArmyofDarkness wrote:
MCAL wrote:

Really? Clearly I was unaware as they don't really state that anywhere on their sites. Why have two separate publishing titles though? Seems kinda redundant when you can just have separate sections of the same company name.
I changed my post, cause now I can't be sure. As to why, I suppose so the two companies don't have to officially have a connection with each other. Makes things much easier.

Anyway, having played G-Senjou no Maou, they can't remove the fact that sex happened as a plot point depends on that.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:28 pm Reply with quote
MCAL wrote:
ArmyofDarkness wrote:
MCAL wrote:

I changed my post, cause now I can't be sure. As to why, I suppose so the two companies don't have to officially have a connection with each other. Makes things much easier.

Anyway, having played G-Senjou no Maou, they can't remove the fact that sex happened as a plot point depends on that.

Denpasoft IS Sekai Project.It's just that they try to pretend they are completely different and unrelated companies.People who have bought from Denpasoft's site have seen Sekai Project's name on their credit cards.
SP is just avoiding being associated with 18+ games,so they made Denpasoft to be their 18+ branch even though they don't admit that.
bobob101

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:30 pm Reply with quote
So the main route in G Senjou no Maou is possibly the best writing I have ever come across in a visual novel. The side routes exist, but only for shippers. Is the loss of a sex scene going to ruin the game? No, because the story can definitely be told well without the sex.
MCAL

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:39 pm Reply with quote
bobob101 wrote:
So the main route in G Senjou no Maou is possibly the best writing I have ever come across in a visual novel. The side routes exist, but only for shippers. Is the loss of a sex scene going to ruin the game? No, because the story can definitely be told well without the sex.
spoiler[ Well they can't remove the fact that Kyousuke and Haru had sex, because otherwise how would they have had a child. Of course removing the scene is just fine and VN companies do this all the time.]

Unrelated, but anyone who takes one look at the Chrono Clock opening can tell this is Nothing like Moenovel.
Niyari

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:40 pm Reply with quote
g-senjou will be nice for the steam crowd. the chrono clock pick up is fairly surprising though considering it was just released in japan like 3 months ago. it sets a cool precedent for sure.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Nice titles.

If either the AO versions will be available through Denpasoft or from elsewhere, or a patch will be available from SP or someone else to restore the removed content, I'll most likely get all three.

If, not, no purchase.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:13 pm Reply with quote
"Sekai Project plans to release the game on Steam this summer, and said it will have more news about the game at Otakon. " ...that's really soon. Wow.

Also, about censorship....ugh. IMO, at least two of the routes only even made sense because of the...intimacy. Especially Shiratori
MCAL

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:27 pm Reply with quote
No sex scene does not equal no sex though. I know Moe Novel is a crime against humanity, but they should by no means be taken as representative of how removal of sex scenes are handled. I'm not saying it couldn't happen here, but benefit of doubt it in order.

Or to put it this way, if the tentacle rape in Muv-Luv was kept in the "All Ages" version, then well what do I even need to say to that.
razisgosu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:48 pm Reply with quote
All I can say is I won't buy any censored all ages garbage on Steam. So far I've only purchased VNs on steam that have a restoration patch, either from the developers or from fans. It's the main reason I've yet to buy Grisaia despite really wanting to.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:58 pm Reply with quote
I've read that those titles have some interesting plot twists.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2