• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Right Stuf Schedules Zeta Gundam on Blu-ray/DVD on March 1

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:28 am Reply with quote
I'm super pumped for this. Zeta Gundam isn't just my favorite Gundam title, but one of my favorite anime of all time. It does so much to expand what the first series established and I enjoy it's plot complexities and darker tone.

I only hope that I can save enough money for it, since I'm already saving up for whenever Sentai releases LoGH. I also prefer if the subtitles are the improved ones and not the "dubtitles" from the original release I own. I'm double-dipping for this show because it's super important to me.

Too bad about the English dub, though. Ocean used their Blue Water branch, and it was all pretty stiff. Yeah, the show's dialogue can be clunky, but the actors clearly couldn't cut it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:31 am Reply with quote
indeed, it remains my favorite of Gundam, and I think the standout example of anime from the 1980s. Will certainly pick this up.
Levonr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:54 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
I'm super pumped for this. Zeta Gundam isn't just my favorite Gundam title, but one of my favorite anime of all time. It does so much to expand what the first series established and I enjoy it's plot complexities and darker tone.

I only hope that I can save enough money for it, since I'm already saving up for whenever Sentai releases LoGH. I also prefer if the subtitles are the improved ones and not the "dubtitles" from the original release I own. I'm double-dipping for this show because it's super important to me.

Too bad about the English dub, though. Ocean used their Blue Water branch, and it was all pretty stiff. Yeah, the show's dialogue can be clunky, but the actors clearly couldn't cut it.

Its been my favorite anime for more than ten years so I'm also really looking forward to the blu-ray.

The dub is poor quality with cheap acting. However I do think its well cast so its watchable in a weird way but I'm looking forward to watching Zeta with good subs on the blu-ray.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:39 am Reply with quote
well,if they they still insist in cutting out that one episode of the original Gundam,no doubt they will still cut out the music...
plus the dub is weak and none of the returning characters from the previous Gundam had their voices kept (at least they got them back for the Char's Counter Attack movie...)
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:45 am Reply with quote
I don't like Zeta very much so I'm gonna pass on this. Aready own it on DVD anyways.

Waiting for announcements regarding Double Zeta and X.
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:02 am Reply with quote
Looking forward to the Blu-ray release.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:30 am Reply with quote
Zeta is also a big favorite for me. I once again thank the Right Stuf for the BD release, and I will preorder as soon as I can.
Angel'sArcanum

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:04 am Reply with quote
I'm not huge on Zeta, I feel like I'd pick up the sets mostly for completion's sake after ZZ comes around, but I have the impression that Zeta is one of the big favourites, so I think it will do pretty well for itself for now anyways. Still can't thank RS/Nozomi and Sunrise for giving Gundam another chance!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
pajmo9

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:16 am Reply with quote
Definitely one of, if not my favorite show ever. Can't wait to own it on BD.

We probably still won't get the original opening and closing songs though.
Levonr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:39 am Reply with quote
johnnysasaki wrote:
well,if they they still insist in cutting out that one episode of the original Gundam,no doubt they will still cut out the music...

I never saw it the same as what happened with that episode that Tomino demanded not be released because he hates it. Zeta's OP/ED songs have a copyright restriction of Neil Sedaka's songs that were exclusive to Japan.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:41 am Reply with quote
Now folks will enjoy the "5 tones of shading" of the 80's in glorious 1080p. While I don't want to see the series again, but man I wouldn't mind seeing just one episode of a battle in HD.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:34 pm Reply with quote
I am patiently waiting for G and Seed to be re-released on blu ray. I think after Z is ZZ, then V, and then the movies. And only after those will we get some other gundam shows. They need to pump them out faster lol
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Hell yeah I'm buying this. More Gundam on BD is alwasy a treat. Now if only we could get G Gundam on BD...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Desslok

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Just started Mobile Suit Gundam - never seen it before - but I've been impressed even 4 episodes in, so I'll probably pick up the second series too.

Is there anything between Gundam and Zeta Gundam? I know that the Gundam continuity gets a little weird.
WeirDiE_InC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Desslok wrote:
Just started Mobile Suit Gundam - never seen it before - but I've been impressed even 4 episodes in, so I'll probably pick up the second series too.

Is there anything between Gundam and Zeta Gundam? I know that the Gundam continuity gets a little weird.

A lot of OVAs, specifically Stardust Memories. All of which are purely supplementary and not really necessary to watch, so it's up to you.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2