• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Japanese Fans Pick Their Favorite Anime Narcissists

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rowri8

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Hanawa Should've been #1 Very Happy I love this character he's awesome!
Dop.L

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:48 pm Reply with quote
We are all Karamatsu girls.

Actually, I know a few people who were just like Karamatsu when they were younger.[/list]
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:19 pm Reply with quote
Aren't we sure that characters like Vegeta or Gilgamesh (Fate franchise) are narcissists? In a different way?
Knight-Hart

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Gilgamesh definitely is. Glad to see that Seiya made the list, as well as Tamaki. Maybe Junko from DR too?
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Who the heck is voting Shinji from Fate as their favorite anything, aside from favorite to painfully die? He's so terrible and pathetic, and not in a bless his heart way like Karamatsu.
Angel Investor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:02 pm Reply with quote
WTF? Yu from Charlotte is not a narcissist. Did these people even watch the whole show? He loved his little sister very much.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:24 pm Reply with quote
I can be forgiven for saying that I'm not exactly fond of any narcissist. They're the sort of character that if they disappeared from the show,I wouldn't be crying over it. Really,they're not the nicest people on earth. Thankfully,I don't have a favorite on this list because I'm not exactly fond of this personality type.
Miss Hachiko

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:31 pm Reply with quote
I love Karamatsu, but I was laughing so much after seeing Seiya in the top 10, or even seeing Hosaka even making the list. Those two are actually my overall favorites in their respective shows since they're too funny.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Angel Investor wrote:
WTF? Yu from Charlotte is not a narcissist. Did these people even watch the whole show? He loved his little sister very much.

He was at first, which I assume is why they voted for him. But it's unfair because in the end.... spoiler[he sacrificed EVERYTHING down to his sanity to save humanity.]

And I fully agree with zrnzle500. Anyone that voted for Shinji is ignorant of how evil he really is....
brucepuppy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:58 pm Reply with quote
I drop by just to check if Atobe is there, and yes, he is. After all, his narcissist catchphrase was so famous, it became article title in some Japanese anime magazines. It's a little surprise he ranks high
lys

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Um, narcissists are totally the best (as character types; in real life they are insufferable, of course). I spent the last two weekends in the audience screaming over Conrad Birdie and Gaston at two high school musicals I attended. Such fun~ (it's possible my enjoyment of this character type comes from my enjoyment of the screaming-fangirl role that inevitably must accompany them.)

Good job, Mikorin!!
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:20 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad Hosaka from Minami-ke cracked the list, even if he's not in the top 10.

Although I don't think Hosaka really cares all that much what anyone who isn't Haruka Minami thinks of him. The only people who seem to take any interest in the many skills he cultivated to impress Haruka are Akira Minami (the high school-aged brother in the other Minami family) and Hayami, who exploits his failure to actually get around to talking to Haruka to get free lunches and other things he intended to give to Haruka off of him, plus Haruka's youngest sister Chiaki Minami, who doesn't even know his name and thinks of him as the "Curry Fairy".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EricJ2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:26 am Reply with quote
Nice to see Suneo and Amagi's Seiya remembered, but I take it the question was about which was our favorite good narcissist?

Which is the only thing that COULD have defeated Tatewaki Kuno, age 17, the Blue Thunder of Furinkan High, who was no match for any foolish challenger.
And Shutaro Mendou, of course, would have been too modest to accept such an honor, unless it was out of gracious courtesy to the female voters.

Last edited by EricJ2 on Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:39 am; edited 1 time in total
vanfanel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:38 am Reply with quote
EricJ2 wrote:
And Shutaro Mendou, of course, would have been too modest to accept such an honor, unless it was out of gracious courtesy to the female voters.

Good one! Very Happy That's exactly how he'd justify it!
Soulshredder2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:21 am Reply with quote
I'm glad seiya kanye was there. He's my favourite sheerly because his name is a pun on kanye west
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2