• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Fantasy XV Game Delayed to November 29

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shirohae

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:29 am Reply with quote
{Edit}: Utterly pointless one liner & emoji post removed. It also "broke" the screen by being too long of a single line of text. So don't do that again please.~ Psycho 101
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:39 am Reply with quote
Scared of Persona 5 Razz

Delays are generally fine for the most part. More time to get the game right, which was apparently running poorly (hard to believe given the 10 year development time). It just makes them look foolish after making a big deal out of the release date back in June.
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:47 am Reply with quote
How dare they try to overshadow KH 2.8(specifically Aqua in 0.2). I would have been fine with a mid November release, but to potentially have it in the same week as 2.8(stated to be early December by Nomura and Yasue)? Very disrespectful to my waifu. Should have just delayed the game to January then(screw the forecast).
Kurohei

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:27 am Reply with quote
Considering November 29th is close to the end of my school term, that means I have all winter break for the game. No complaints here.

On a serious note, the reason he gave was kinda cool. Wanting everyone to get the game as perfect as you can without the need for patching. I am aware there's still people out there who can't afford the internet fees.

When all is said and done, I've waited 10 years. Two more months is not a problem.
pikopika

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:58 am Reply with quote
That's okay! Out of everyone, the development team wants the game to be released, but it should be the best it can be. After over ten years of work, it's a reasonable decision to push back the release date and work out any finishing touches. The reception from Gamescom would be a test to see how the game may turn out to players.
Sevokevo Royuki

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:13 am Reply with quote
Its officially announce!

BUT DAMN IT!!!! I wish this was never leaked out.. That's the only thing I am ticked off about.
CheersLove

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:52 am Reply with quote
sigh my vacation on October 2nd will be useless now. I can't take it around the end of november and december since holiday season starts and they don't let us request off or take vacations around then.

As much as I can understand they are trying to make it as best as possible.... they had 10 years. Bleh
chronos02

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:02 am Reply with quote
As some people have said, 2 more months after waiting 10 years isn't that big of a deal. I personally welcome this, since I pre-ordered the mortage edition, 2 more months to save up!
Sevokevo Royuki

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:18 am Reply with quote
chronos02 wrote:
As some people have said, 2 more months after waiting 10 years isn't that big of a deal. I personally welcome this, since I pre-ordered the mortage edition, 2 more months to save up!

Agree to that!
CheezcakeMe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:29 am Reply with quote
Better this than some buggy broken unplayable thing that the industry has gotten so used to plopping on its fans and promising to fix "later." Do it once do it right.
Psajdak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:39 am Reply with quote
I really wish they release PS4 Neo version in 60fps.
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:30 am Reply with quote
lol this game man. It probably needed another setback to humble Square Enix and Sony again after they started getting a little cocky with the hype marketing and all the needless bells and whistles they added onto it and it pays not to rush a game like this if you know it'll just need to be patched and be a disaster which it wouldn't surprise me if it does. The game has taken 10 years to come out now, everybody from the developers to the fans ought to still remember that.
nagpo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:46 am Reply with quote
Psajdak wrote:
I really wish they release PS4 Neo version in 60fps.

I have a feeling this is truly one of the reasons they delayed it
Eddy564

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:33 am Reply with quote
Alabaster Spectrum wrote:
lol this game man. It probably needed another setback to humble Square Enix and Sony again after they started getting a little cocky with the hype marketing and all the needless bells and whistles they added onto it and it pays not to rush a game like this if you know it'll just need to be patched and be a disaster which it wouldn't surprise me if it does. The game has taken 10 years to come out now, everybody from the developers to the fans ought to still remember that.
Well geez man, it's gone through several phases and periods of reconstruction since then. The notion of it taking 10 years to come out is false because the game it is now isn't the game that was original conceived 10 years ago. If you really want an accurate timeline for this current game than it starts around 2011. And how did they get cocky? I really want to know. They're simply putting confidence in this game because that's what a FF has lacked for many iterations now. This is the first installment in awhile that all of the developers working on it seem proud of what they've done. Don't confuse arrogance and commitment.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:57 pm Reply with quote
What´s the post-released DLC for again... Whatever.
Quote:
A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad.
by Shigeru Miyamoto. The new demo wasn´ t that good though, but i believe in the team. I still remember seeing the 1st 2006 trailer btw. for the PS3.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2