• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, February 27-March 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:59 am Reply with quote
Love Live domination! planetarian remains in the chart for another week.

1 week until.... Very Happy
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:03 am Reply with quote
Excited about both love live sunshine and brave witches. I enjoyed brave witches a lot more than I thought I was going to and hope that a second season is done if the material permits it.
Random Name

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:08 am Reply with quote
Anyone know numbers for fate/kaleid this week?
7jaws7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:00 am Reply with quote
Glad that Brave Witches managed to top 5k Smile
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:20 am Reply with quote
So glad to see YOI v3 reach 55K on its second week. Crossing my fingers so the sales won't drop significantly in the remaining three volumes and that it can hang on to 50-60K average
iamtooawesome

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:22 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
So glad to see YOI v3 reach 55K on its second week. Crossing my fingers so the sales won't drop significantly in the remaining three volumes and that it can hang on to 50-60K average

Hmm it seems a bit slow for yoi's second week dont you think? If I recall volume 1 was 70k during its 2nd week but sadly it can't even barely reach 60k now for vol.3. Well fairly it is normal... do you think Vol.4 will make a drastic change in numbers? Episode 7 made a huge impact so I think(hopefully) We'll see a huge leapt. I'm guessing Vol. 5 will top it.
edit: I just saw the official art cover of vol. 4 featuring Victor and Chris, sadly it was terrible
Shocked

I'm glad for LL! Sunshine S2 but I still prefer LL season 1, sunshine is just a xerox copy tbh.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:05 pm Reply with quote
You're wrong on all accounts
Firstly, v1 only reached 62K in its second week, it wasn't until the third or fourth that it made 70K
Secondly, both v1 and v2 had event tickets, so those always sell more than non-ticket volumes
Thirdly, 9K isn't a slow week by any means. Most shows don't even sell that much across all their volumes. I don't have the exact numbers, but someanithing says it's actually higher than v2's second week
Also, the Chris-Victor art in v4 is lovely imho. Victor and Chris's friendship is something I loved in the series, and I'm glad it got some love in the BD covers too. I'm hoping v5 will feature Yurio, Otabek and JJ.
Samiamiam

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:16 pm Reply with quote
iamtooawesome wrote:
CrowLia wrote:

Hmm it seems a bit slow for yoi's second week dont you think? If I recall volume 1 was 70k during its 2nd week but sadly it can't even barely reach 60k now for vol.3. Well fairly it is normal... do you think Vol.4 will make a drastic change in numbers? Episode 7 made a huge impact so I think(hopefully) We'll see a huge leapt. I'm guessing Vol. 5 will top it.
edit: I just saw the official art cover of vol. 4 featuring Victor and Chris, sadly it was terrible
Shocked

I'm glad for LL! Sunshine S2 but I still prefer LL season 1, sunshine is just a xerox copy tbh.

V3 week2 was bigger than v2 week 2 and v2 was an event ticket volume. Yuri on Ice has some pretty godly holds. (And it would need to drop something like 20k to miss a 50k average so its set on that front) Also I agree with everything the poster above said except that YoI v1 didn't hit 70k until its 7th week.
Proud2bPnoy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:45 pm Reply with quote
iamtooawesome wrote:

Shocked.

I saw it too and ye it was pretty disturbing. staffs made it look like theyre wearing a couple sweatshirt Victor looks like he's molesting himself with his rotated left hand . Yo the body proportion is just plain weird y does Chris' body look like it was painfully dislocated;Apparently Chris' butt buns are now inserted on his forehead Im never an artist but like seriously what the holyness is wrong with his forehead? He looks like Buttercup thought it was a photoshop prank when I saw this on my newsfeed.

annnd cool to see re:zero still fairing well in its glorious V9. Shout out to brave witches for also fairing well.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Proud2bPnoy wrote:
iamtooawesome wrote:

Shocked.

I saw it too and ye it was pretty disturbing. staffs made it look like theyre wearing a couple sweatshirt Victor looks like he's molesting himself with his rotated left hand .

They're wearing their respective country's training gear (Russia, Switzerland), they just happen to be both red and white.

Also, the hand on Victor's face is Chris's, Victor's left hand is on Chris's waist, what are you even on about?
Proud2bPnoy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:22 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:

stuffs?

Ohh I already know it no need to point that out /no offense/ the white washing just makes it looks like a cheap filter render that's why it looks like a FS Russian and Swiz pair skate costume. Also ofcourse evryne knows it was a hand joke not unless if it was wsj's 0 sense of humor.
Sloppy_Jimbo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Shout out to Kin-iro Mosiac. Need more Ayaya x Yoko.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1