• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
First Look: Little Witch Academia: The Chamber of Time

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xeogran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:33 pm Reply with quote
It's funny because it's thanks to this game I found my interest in LWA.

I'm sad when I have to part ways with a series I like, which is why ever since that once incident.. mostly everything I watch has some kind of a game on their account. All so I can live with that world for longer.

And now that said... Kill la Kill game, when.
tcdelaney

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:16 pm Reply with quote
My biggest question is, how will they incorporate Akko's limited magical ability? Yes, she can pull off some big moves, but we're talking once per zone here ...
KefkaesqueXIII

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:55 pm Reply with quote
tcdelaney wrote:
My biggest question is, how will they incorporate Akko's limited magical ability? Yes, she can pull off some big moves, but we're talking once per zone here ...

Going by the trailer I saw on Youtube, that doesn't seem to playing a factor (in combat at least), as Akko's shown attacking with magical fireballs and ice, as well as conjuring a spoiler[non-Shiny Rod magical bow] for what is presumably a super move.

That said the game seems to be taking place post-anime, so they may try and somehow use that brief time skip to justify it.
Souther

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:47 am Reply with quote
Never watched LWA, but I'm definitely down to play something like Dragon's Crown again (or any kind of beat-'em up game). My brother and I love these types of games and he especially likes any with any kind of RPG elements. Though, this seems slower than Dragon's Crown.

But multiplayer is a semi-deal breaker. I was willing to make an exception for Berserk, but if this game has no co-op, it'd drop my enthusiasm down significantly.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:00 am Reply with quote
KefkaesqueXIII wrote:
tcdelaney wrote:

Going by the trailer I saw on Youtube, that doesn't seem to playing a factor (in combat at least), as Akko's shown attacking with magical fireballs and ice, as well as conjuring a spoiler[non-Shiny Rod magical bow] for what is presumably a super move.

That said the game seems to be taking place post-anime, so they may try and somehow use that brief time skip to justify it.

That would make sense. While watching season two, I was also wondering how this would factor into the game. If Akko is too capable in the game, it wouldn't fit well with the series, but it also wouldn't be much fun for the player to constantly struggle to use even the most basic spells.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Thanks! Was wanting more details on what to expect from this game. Smile

Looks good.

Wish Bandai Namco would have put in the money to get the great dub cast for the game to give it dual audio.

Xeogran wrote:
And now that said... Kill la Kill game, when.

Would love to see one.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:26 pm Reply with quote
So it's basically Odin Sphere with more than one playable ally during battle? Sounds chaotically fun. : )
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1