• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: All of Tatsunoko Pro's Greatest Hits on 2 Double CD Sets

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hikura

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:37 pm Reply with quote
I would like to get this.
GeorgeC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:51 pm Reply with quote
If you read the history of Tatsunoko Studios and watch the chronology of their classic TV shows, they really were created during the era when studio founder Tatsuo Yoshida was living. He had a hand in developing or creating most of the classic shows, ESPECIALLY the superhero series like Gatchaman, Tekkaman Knight, Hurricane Polymar, and Casshan. In the West, his best-known creation is Speed Racer.

After Tatsuo Yoshida died (1977), the studio was never the same. It kept producing TV shows but a lot of them were collaborations with other companies. They don't seem to have been as innovative or developing new IP's like they were in the 1970s.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:25 pm Reply with quote
@8:25PM AZ time (when I writing this), the price for each CD is roughly $24.64.
Heishi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:01 am Reply with quote
GeorgeC wrote:
If you read the history of Tatsunoko Studios and watch the chronology of their classic TV shows, they really were created during the era when studio founder Tatsuo Yoshida was living. He had a hand in developing or creating most of the classic shows, ESPECIALLY the superhero series like Gatchaman, Tekkaman Knight, Hurricane Polymar, and Casshan. In the West, his best-known creation is Speed Racer.

After Tatsuo Yoshida died (1977), the studio was never the same. It kept producing TV shows but a lot of them were collaborations with other companies. They don't seem to have been as innovative or developing new IP's like they were in the 1970s.

Tatsunoko got bought off by mainly Nippon Television and Takara Tomy.
Maybe that's why. Plus they don't make alot of shows since the end of the 90's.

But yeah, I hope to see C, Karas, and SoulTaker on this set.
omiya

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:59 am Reply with quote
3,000 yen each at Amazon Japan (not bad value considering that they are both 2 disc sets):

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B078KHHSBT
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B078KGWGJH

No song samples yet, but full track listings above.

Not listed at CD Japan yet that I could find.
broodo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:11 am Reply with quote
Ah yes. Mach Go Go Go! aka Speed Racer. From a time when blinking was optional.
Ziko577

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:57 pm Reply with quote
GeorgeC wrote:

That I agree upon. The few times they really did something good were in the early '90s when a lot of their classic shows got reboots like Speed Racer X and even in the mid '00s we got a couple of original productions like Karas. These days they don't do anything anymore. A lot of older companies are sadly getting like this. Toei does crappy ass fighting shonens, Ghibli really has had better days, and Gainax is practically bankrupt but still holding on despite half the staff quitting and former Studio Trigger which is putting out better quality anime than Gainax does these days.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1