• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. Manga Gets New 'Conclusion' Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:31 am Reply with quote
Good to have official confirmation. I think three or four episodes should be enough to cover the manga's last few arcs (including the extra chapters serialized in Jump GIGA, which were included in the final volume), but I wouldn't mind a third season that also covered the chapters skipped by the previous seasons.
Lucky_Deity

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:56 am Reply with quote
It's sad to see it end, it's been one of my favourite comedies in recent years but I can't wait for this next season, it's going to be amazing! Very Happy
HueyLion

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:53 am Reply with quote
Ah great news!

Glad they r wrapping things up in the anime, I remember when I first read Saiki and it only had 28 chapters... also hoped it would get continue to be translated and here we are with a new anime season coming!
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see this get more episodes covering the end of the series. Wish Netflix would put up the rest of the second season soon...
marshmallowpie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Glad to have more Saiki. I hope Funi will be able to release season two on Blu-ray at some point.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:58 pm Reply with quote
marshmallowpie wrote:
Glad to have more Saiki. I hope Funi will be able to release season two on Blu-ray at some point.

Well they are re-releasing Season One in a couple of months. Hopefully enough people will buy it and Funi will go get the rights for the rest of the series.

I admit the art style kind of turned me off from watching it when it came out, but I marathoned on Netflix on a whim and ended up loving it. Saiki is easily one of Jerry Jewells best roles to me. Also Tia Ballard was great as Kokomi.
-SP-

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:57 pm Reply with quote
If the series is popular enough to get almost 3 seasons? I wonder why they would cancel the manga.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Good news !
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:45 pm Reply with quote
-SP- wrote:
If the series is popular enough to get almost 3 seasons? I wonder why they would cancel the manga.
Cancel? Not quite, Saiki lived in Jump for long time. And they basically wrap the adaptation of it with this anime, like Gintama and Assassination Clasroom.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:47 am Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
marshmallowpie wrote:

Well they are re-releasing Season One in a couple of months. Hopefully enough people will buy it and Funi will go get the rights for the rest of the series.

I admit the art style kind of turned me off from watching it when it came out, but I marathoned on Netflix on a whim and ended up loving it. Saiki is easily one of Jerry Jewells best roles to me. Also Tia Ballard was great as Kokomi.

As much as I'd like that, I'm not holding out much hope. CR/Funi didn't pick it up for streaming despite having the first season, which suggests it didn't do well for them. I suppose Funimation could pick it up for home video like they did for Seven Deadly Sins, but I have my doubts.
Agent355

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:41 pm Reply with quote
^Couldn't it just mean that Netflix outbid Funi for streaming rights of season 2? It's hard to figure out what goes down behind the scenes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1