• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal Game's English Release Delayed to Remove 'Intimacy Mode' from PS4 Versi

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chester McCool

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:18 am Reply with quote
Et tu, XSEED?
Romuska
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:27 am Reply with quote
So...don’t get the PS4 version. Got it.
SakuraShimizu

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:33 am Reply with quote
Yet the PS4 version of Peach Beach Splash let’s you touch the girls while in their bikinis or any outfit you chose. Why bother? Rolling Eyes
Shar Aznabull

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:34 am Reply with quote
Sony also shut down PQube's release of Omega Labyrinth Z. I don't particularly care for either of these games, but forcing censorship upon publishers or denying their games's release when it isn't an AO game is just disgusting.
Spike Terra
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:39 am Reply with quote
Don't blame Xseed, blame Sony as the Steam version remains unchanged. Honestly I don't care about removing the feature, what I do care about is that this last minute bull crap is going to hurt Xseed's bottom line as I've seen people drop their pre orders in protest. Also I hate that this decision will push the release back further.

Seriously Sony, you pulled this crap with Omega Labyrinth Z and I hope Nintendo learns from your mistakes and rakes in the ecchi game cash flow.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:50 am Reply with quote
Sometimes I think they are doing this to, in part, to appease to the politically-correct crowd.
Escaflowne2001

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:15 am Reply with quote
It's a new policy by Sony and revolves around touching and mini-games (i.e OLZ, Nekopara and Senran Kagura). Two are cancelled and ones being censored.

Never thought I'd see the day when Sony is worse then Nintendo for this kind of thing. They've switched places.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:24 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Sometimes I think they are doing this to, in part, to appease to the politically-correct crowd.
This has nothing to do "PC" crowd and 100% to do with keeping their platform "family friendly". You know, despite having games about murdering hordes of other humans.
XSp

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:49 am Reply with quote
PC Master *cough* bate race! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:02 am Reply with quote
At least the 2nd anime series/season received an uncensored version from the very beginning. That is very rare for a CR seasonal anime simulcast.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:11 am Reply with quote
Well at least the PC version has the mode so,,,

Watched the second season of the anime.spoiler[It is nice to see uncensored anime tiddies but the inconsistent quality is a killjoy.]
MaskOfBrutality

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:12 am Reply with quote
Disgraceful, Sony forcing censorship because the professionally triggered can't handle that people like things they don't. I really hope I can cancel my pre-order as I don't want to support censorship. Would rather buy the game straight from Japan and give the team my support than this. Disgusting!

Never thought I'd see the day that Nintendo of all companies are less censor happy than Sony. What a sad time we live in.

EDIT: Good news, looks like I can cancel my pre-order so have just ordered the Japanese version. Language barrier should not be an issue as I have both the original SK games on my JP 3DS and got through them fine.

Kadmos1 wrote:

This is exactly what they are doing. Pandering to the perpetually offended who have no interest in this game anyway. It is absolutely disgusting and signals Sony have given in to a vile group whose initials are unsurprisingly censored here.
MoonPhase1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:50 am Reply with quote
Now I have to wonder how a game like Senran Kagura Bon Appetit got localized without censorship or even released at all.

I do think Sony will eventually drive away companies like PQube since they hate censorship as much as any of us and they will just localize a Switch version and make a Steam version for those who don’t have a Switch like me and they will just end up avoiding localizing games for Sony.
kyokun47

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:58 am Reply with quote
Hey guys, one of those "politically-correct" people here. I'd rather not see people like me blamed entirely for the censorship of a release, considering I had this game pre-ordered and have now had to switch to the Steam version instead because of the cuts. I'm entirely against censorship, no matter how problematic it is. I personally have no problem with SK's content, considering how tongue-in-cheek it wants to be about it. The only reason I've ever used the Intimacy Mode is as a joke, though. I get what it's there for. I get more out of stuff like multiplayer in PBS and the Photo Mode. Only the most extreme of people want to control the general media, and there are extremists in every group in the world. Don't confuse the "ones" for everyone.

It's important to realize that Sony of America as a company is the one doing this. We have yet to hear if the PAL version will be affected by this, too, but it's very likely it will be considering the European publisher Marvelous owns XSeed.

It's also important to realize where XSeed stands in this. From the beginning, XSeed has had an anti-censorship for a long time, and has stated this in interviews. Them saying they have to "respect the wishes of platform holders" is a direct F-U to Sony that reveals where the blame lies. This happened with Omega Labyrinth Z from PQube earlier this year as well (rest in peace sweet prince), so if Escaflowne2001 is right about that new policy, that puts a lot of Japanese games on Sony's platforms in danger.

Last edited by kyokun47 on Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:06 am Reply with quote
Considering how niche this is, I'm surprised that they are doing something that even if it only puts off 1/4 of their customers from buying, it still is enough to hurt sales.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4