• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Rider Becomes a Jockey in Fate/Stay Night 8-Bit Side Scrolling Game

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Another racing again? Welll, this one is different. I wouldn't mind this on my phone.
switchgear1131

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:28 pm Reply with quote
The opening of this article is just factually incorrect. You make up this d that Riders don't ride anything to fit your narrative when if you were actually a Fate fan you would know that every single Rider in the anime ha been shown multiple times riding something and their abilities centre around that. Medusa has pegasus, Iskander his chariot, Achilles also had a Chariot and Astolfo had a griffin. In FGO Martha has a dragon, Kintoki has a motocycle. Every Rider has something they ride and it is part of their abilities.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Let's not be pedantic. Yes, the Rider characters have something they ride but is not usually a main feature of the character like the others. This was the point Kim was trying to make and it was not a particularly serious argument. Rider Medusa was initially difficult for the characters in-story to identify because she wasn't shown with her Pegasus until nearly the end of her screen time. The same can be said for Iskander as well. Compare this to any of the Lancers shown in Fate/SN or Fate/Zero.

Quote:
anything to fit your narrative when if you were actually a Fate fan

I'm not sure what our "narrative" is, this is an article about a cute racing game.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ThatMoonGuy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:22 pm Reply with quote
I swear I'm not trying to be a dick or anything but the thing is that what classifies a Servant for a certain class is their NP. In most cases, that's a weapon, but that's not always the case. See FGO's David, who's an Archer because of his NP (the killing of Goliath) even if his main weapon is a club or spoiler[Tomoe], who uses a bunch of different weapons but is still an Archer because her NP. Same goes for Rider. She may act like some sort of ninja but since her NP is Pegasus, she's a Rider.

Still, that's sort of a pointless debate for this piece of news and I'm sorry if I'm sounding pedantic. Sometimes I wish every topic on Fate didn't become a lore debacle.[/spoiler]
harminia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:12 pm Reply with quote
I played this game last week and it was cute but the speed massively hurt my eyes
a shame because I would've liked to play it more than once
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1