• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - May 27, 2019

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
melmouth

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:03 pm Reply with quote
I love the new format. It provides an irreplaceable overview of what's current.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:14 pm Reply with quote
I'm Standing on a Million Lives is one of Kodansha's digital first titles, so this is a print edition of an earlier digital release, like Boarding School Juliet, Tokyo Tarareba Girls, Grand Blue Dreaming, and The Quintessential Quintuplets.

So maybe someday I can have a print version of The Prince's Romance Gambit...?
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Why does the Third Gantz Omnibus volume have a description for Gantz G? Here's the one from the site:

https://www.darkhorse.com/Books/30-526/Gantz-Omnibus-Volume-3-TPB
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 3:23 pm Reply with quote
I wish that you still did the ranting for one of the DVDs/Blu-Rays.
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 4:12 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
I wish that you still did the ranting for one of the DVDs/Blu-Rays.

Yeah, but I usually skipped over those if it wasn't a title I'd probably be interested in. (Usually or not).

But I'd rather we have actual shelves from people instead. But someone mentioned the last Shelf Life article that they stopped asking submissions for that. Sad...>.>
zrdb

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 7:40 pm Reply with quote
I still dislike this new format-guess I'll just stop reading it from now on.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Just My Monster Secret 16 to add to my shelves this week. Only 6 volumes left until the end...
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 9:34 am Reply with quote
I remember Nagasarete Airantou vaguely... yep, wrote a tiny review in my My Anime. Watched during a manic period when I "couldn't get enough" harem comedy (HEY! DON'T JUDGE! Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop ) but shows like this got me to curtail the compulsion.

apparently generous with a "So-So" rating:
"Occasionally genuinely sweet, sometimes a slapstick pratfall will be really funny, but mostly this is standard base cartoon idiocy full of annoying cliches. The worst are the characters who I guess are supposed to charmingly mischievous but actually come off as sadistic. Like the shrine priestess who routinely tortures her sister, literally... and just about anyone else... but she's not "evil" apparently, everyone loves her as a member of the community... for no good reason. Ha ha.... she's horrible to family and friends and has no redeeming qualities... what a scamp! I don't really know why I forced my way through all 26 episodes."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Merxamers

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Since it wasn't included in the list, i want to mention that "Komi Can't Communicate" Volume 1 is also being released this week. One of the better manga i was following week to week, and i'm happy i can finally support an official release of it. It's a big favorite of r/manga for a good reason, and it's charming as heck.

https://www.amazon.com/Komi-Cant-Communicate-Vol-1/dp/1974707121/ref=sr_1_2?crid=HAWC859QFGC6&keywords=komi+cant+communicate&qid=1559157012&s=gateway&sprefix=komi%2Caps%2C144&sr=8-2

so i'm clear; if we submit shelf photos to the old email address, will they still be posted? Or is that part of this column officially dead?
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Merxamers wrote:
Since it wasn't included in the list, i want to mention that "Komi Can't Communicate" Volume 1 is also being released this week. One of the better manga i was following week to week, and i'm happy i can finally support an official release of it. It's a big favorite of r/manga for a good reason, and it's charming as heck.

https://www.amazon.com/Komi-Cant-Communicate-Vol-1/dp/1974707121/ref=sr_1_2?crid=HAWC859QFGC6&keywords=komi+cant+communicate&qid=1559157012&s=gateway&sprefix=komi%2Caps%2C144&sr=8-2

Did you maybe get an early release? Amazon says June 11, so it may still show in the list.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Merxamers

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:

Did you maybe get an early release? Amazon says June 11, so it may still show in the list.

Huh, my mistake, i guess. Could have sworn i say from Viz on twitter or something that it was releasing this week...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1