• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?' Season 2 Anime Reveals Visual, July 12 Pre

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GhostD

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:01 am Reply with quote
Ishtar looks about as much as I expected her to. I can see why spoiler[the people in-universe prefer Freya over her].
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:31 am Reply with quote
So if this has twelve eps, safe to assume its going to cover volumes 6-8?
GhostD

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:28 am Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

I would like to say Yes but the trailers and promo art only show up to vol 7 so I wouldnt hope for too much especially when it hasn't been announced how many episodes this will have.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:34 am Reply with quote
GhostD wrote:
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

I would like to say Yes but the trailers and promo art only show up to vol 7 so I wouldnt hope for too much especially when it hasn't been announced how many episodes this will have.

Well one of my initial problems with the first two anime were the pacing anyway so if they slowed down and focused half the season on the Apollo Familia stuff and half on the Haruhime arc (volume 7 was pretty meaty after all) then that would be fine. V8 is mostly one-shots anyway until maybe the last two or three chapters.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:23 am Reply with quote
Well, I know where I'll be at AX this year! For those interested, watch out that they might set up "admission tickets" for the showings as that is how I missed the MHA movie last year (they all went in the first hour of Day1).
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:59 am Reply with quote
I assumed that Sentai was getting season 2, but it is good to have confirmation because Crunchyroll could have acquired it like they did with the third season of Food Wars and Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 3rei!

And I want to think that this also means Sentai has home video rights, which is the most important thing to me.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:38 pm Reply with quote
I've been playing the mobile game since launch, and that game's had some damn good story events, Grand Day being the most notable. I hope the new storylines this season can be just as amazing.
GhostD

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
I've been playing the mobile game since launch, and that game's had some damn good story events, Grand Day being the most notable. I hope the new storylines this season can be just as amazing.

That makes sense seeing as the story of Grand Day was written by Omori himself and one can argue that it can be considered canon. You can expect season 2 to be good. Theron had lots of good things to say about the arcs covered in this season.
Key

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:48 am Reply with quote
While volumes 6 and 7 are beefier, a lot of the beef in vol. 6 is drawn-out action scenes, and those tend to be fast to adapt. I just can't see them stretching out 6 and 7 to a full 12-13 episodes on their own; 4 episodes feels about right for adapting vol. 6 and maybe 5 for vol. 7. Since vol. 8 would probably take 7-8 episodes on its own to do fully, I could see them spending 3-4 episodes just doing a couple of those parts, most preferably the parts about the marriage proposal and the kidnapping. A couple of the other parts do have some lingering consequences but none of those are crucial, so they might best be covered as OVAs.

But we'll see.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:39 am Reply with quote
GhostD wrote:
That makes sense seeing as the story of Grand Day was written by Omori himself and one can argue that it can be considered canon. You can expect season 2 to be good. Theron had lots of good things to say about the arcs covered in this season.

So long as it has stuff as epic as spoiler[Chigusa of all people getting Ottarl to listen to her] or spoiler[Bell and Lefiya finally teaming up to take down a giant monster] it should be good. Or at least something comparable to the minotaur fight.
GhostD

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:58 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
GhostD wrote:

So long as it has stuff as epic as spoiler[Chigusa of all people getting Ottarl to listen to her] or spoiler[Bell and Lefiya finally teaming up to take down a giant monster] it should be good. Or at least something comparable to the minotaur fight.

You wont get to see spoiler[Bell and Lefiya team up in the main story]. At most you would see her in a cameo but nothing more as she only takes center stage in Sword Oratoria. The only time such a thing happened wasspoiler[ during the events of vol 5 of SO's LN that was never animated]. As for spoiler[Chigusa] I suggest you dont expect too much for now.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Is this going to be a HiDive exclusive or will they co-stream with Crunchyroll?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1