• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream KONOSUBA - God's Blessing on This Wonderful World– Legend of Crimson Ani

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
merr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:28 pm Reply with quote
This is everything I ever wanted!
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I must have missed that the release date for the first TV anime BD release was so close. I thought it was still a question mark. Very cool for Crunchyroll to stream the movie as well.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:58 pm Reply with quote
This has totally made my day. Greatest movie ever, can’t wait to see again. Truly so very happy!!!!!
SheRrIs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Nice. Hopefully they'll add more anime films to their catalogue!
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:05 pm Reply with quote
merr wrote:

this is all i ever wanted!
https://www.rightstufanime.com/Konosuba-Season-1-OVA-Blu-ray
yuna49

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Is this a one-time showing on March 25th, or does it begin streaming that day?
doubleO7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:28 pm Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
Is this a one-time showing on March 25th, or does it begin streaming that day?

It begins streaming that day. It's not limited-time like the theatrical release.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Very happy to have the movie streaming, the movie dub won't take 7 months after announcement (2 years after airing) to come out like season 2, and finally the show on bluray!
Also interesting Viz Media isn't distributing the home video, given the recent partnership announcement. That must imply either CR signed with Discotek for Konosuba long before the partnership, or Viz passed down on it (and given Konosuba's popularity in the west, I don't see that second possibility very likely). Will Discotek offer digital sales of the anime? Like on iTunes and Microsoft? I know that can be a money maker.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Great. Movie distribution sucking balls is why I usually don't like them/bother with them, so having them available like this is pretty much the step I needed. I can understand why you'd want it to be available only after the physical media is as well, so now all that needs fixing is how long movies are out of the theaters and there's still no release anywhere, meaninglessly.
Gurren Rodan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:32 pm Reply with quote
This is very good news. I had a great time seeing the film at the theater (as did everyone else there, I think), but I totally sympathize with those who couldn't/can't make it to showings. I'm glad to see a new, wider opportunity for people to watch it.

Siegfriedl88 wrote:
merr wrote:

this is all i ever wanted!
https://www.rightstufanime.com/Konosuba-Season-1-OVA-Blu-ray

Oh, YES, at last! I was kind of hoping they'd bundle both seasons together, but no matter. This is a title worth owning.
Matriel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Crunchyroll also announced that the Blu-ray Disc of the KonoSuba – God’s blessing on this wonderful world!! anime's first season will ship on May 25.

Holy hell, this is actually happening!? Definite buy from me, and I hope I add fuel to the fire for a physical release of S2+OVA and the movie! For anyone who was hoping for a physical release for Konosuba, now's our chance to support it!

Also very cool that they have the rights to stream the movie. I've spoken to some who never got to see the theatrical release so this is really quite nice.
Covnam

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see the movie is going to be streaming as I wasn't able to catch it in theaters. Can't wait =)

Quote:
Crunchyroll also announced that the Blu-ray Disc of the KonoSuba – God’s blessing on this wonderful world!! anime's first season will ship on May 25.

What?! Was this previously announced? If not talk about burying the lead. I've been waiting for that announcement for quite some time. A little disappointed it's just a standard release, but I'll be picking it up regardless.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1