• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Fate/Grand Order Launches Ideal Male Partner Personality Quiz For White Day

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Well if there's no Blue Man I guess Red Man is fine
ronri

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:40 pm Reply with quote
I got Salieri, haha! Laughing
Firefly251

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:22 am Reply with quote
was curious and if u select 1st answer all time u get gilg xD

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:07 am Reply with quote
Such a shame I should have found this news earlier but anyway, i’ve tried & retested this multiple times, and I’m certain the order you chose your answer doesn’t matter. It’s very simple mechanism, you chose:

All the 1st choice —>
(Depended on which you chose for Q5, from 1st to 3rd choice in order, you get:
Gilgamesh, Edmond Dantes, or blue Lancer)

All the 1st choice + one 2nd in any order —>
(Same as above, you always get 3 choices for Q5, in order:
Professor Moriarty, red Archer, or Aesculapius)
.... and you get the idea.
Anyway it really has me wrapped in laughter when it becomes clear, if you chose all 1st choices, you get Gilg. All 2nd, you get male Arthur Laughing Laughing Laughing
(Actually for question 5 you’ll have to make choice 3 to get Arthur. If you chose 1st or 2nd one you’ll get Columbus and Captain Black Bart, in order.)

I never realized the intention is to make Gilg and Arthur the opposites of each other. But that’s be honest, both of them are jerks when it comes to treating females Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes ... so you get the idea, no happiness exists in extremism. This part is a common ground for both of them Twisted Evil

In this sense, I actually am not looking forward to having Gilg as my result (Archer Gilg. Castor Gilg in FGO definitely needs another set of psychology test).
Let’s look at the path leading up to him and you’ll know why I said that:

1. Prioritize your date’s schedule before your boss’s? —>1st choice: YES.
2. Are you taking it seriously when it comes to your date’s anniversary —>1st choice: YES.
3. After fighting over petty matters with your friends, you will...? —>1st choice: Waiting for my friends to apologize first.
4. Which part of brain you primarily use, left of right? —> 1st choice: I’m the emotional type who mostly use my right brain.

And the ultimate 3-choice question:
5. Which do you value the most: social standing, wealth, or person-to-person connections?

... OK admittedly there’s no problem whatsoever ending with 1st choice in 2nd, 4th or 5th question.
I don’t know about question 3 since I almost never pick fights over petty matters with my friends, but I actually would choose 1st choice in question 2nd & 5th if I’ve got the chance.

Nonetheless I already divert my path in question one because let’s be honest, if anyone would PRIORITIZE DATE’S SCHEDULE BEFORE BOSS’S, it means you’re in a toxic relationship!
Any dates with some basic level of reasons & humanity wouldn’t force their partner to risk their career for his/her selfish satisfaction. I think I’m pretty right on this one!

... but I find it strange with such preposterous 1st choice in question one, you’d still come back to same sets of totally reasonable dudes such as red archer if you start to have at least one 2nd choices in any following questions.
I’d argue that’s a pretty broken design in a psychology test, but we all know this one is only for fun and promotional purpose. I guess whatever ~~

P.S. you’ll get some different questions if you choose 2nd choices in any of question 1 through 4, so don’t apply my translation blindly for all 5 questions. Only 1st question is universal!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1