• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Netflix Streams BNA: Brand New Animal Anime in U.S. on June 30

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thatoneonfire

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 12:26 pm Reply with quote
huh, if this had been airing normally (aka an episode a week) that would be a pretty quick turnaround time for international audiences. I was thinking at least a month after the release date listed. Nice!
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Shortest wait yet?
Gemnist

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Will this have a dub? That’s what happens when Netflix usually gets a series, but considering the pandemic it’s plausible they’re just going to throw it on the service and wait until things blow over before making a dub.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
Will this have a dub? That’s what happens when Netflix usually gets a series, but considering the pandemic it’s plausible they’re just going to throw it on the service and wait until things blow over before making a dub.

It's probably hard to tell, the new Ghost in the Shell show still doesn't have a dub in my language but there's a note in the show's description informing that they will add the dub as soon as possible, but curiously they do credit the dub voice actors for my language at the end so I assume that not all episodes were dubbed. However I think it depends from show to show, Drifting Dragons arrived a week later after GitS and it has a dub, same with the last She-ra season that premiered today.
Speaking of BNA, as of now the only Trigger shows dubbed into neutral spanish are Little Witch Academia and Darling in the Franxx. LWA's dub was made in Chile and while some voices were fine it had some problems, on the other hand Franxx (whose dub was made for Crunchyroll) was dubbed in Mexico (where most neutral spanish dubs are made) and had more experienced voice actors, so I hope that Netflix chooses to dub BNA in Mexico.
SnowWarren

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:

Pretty sure it will have a dub as we do know one is currently being created. It's being done by Spliced Bread Productions who dubbed Violet Evergarden and Beastars.
levyanime

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 12:27 am Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
Speaking of BNA, as of now the only Trigger shows dubbed into neutral spanish are Little Witch Academia and Darling in the Franxx. LWA's dub was made in Chile and while some voices were fine it had some problems, on the other hand Franxx (whose dub was made for Crunchyroll) was dubbed in Mexico (where most neutral spanish dubs are made) and had more experienced voice actors, so I hope that Netflix chooses to dub BNA in Mexico.

Seeing as how Netflix is outsourcing this show's English dub to SDI Media, I don't think there's any doubt of it's Neutral Spanish dub being recorded in Mexico, as SDI has a Mexican branch to record Neutral Spanish dubs.

One thing I noticed, looking at Netflix's international credits at the end of certain shows, is that when they outsource to a studio that has international studios (SDI, VSI, etc.), they tend to outsource all their foreign language dubs to those affiliated studios, though there has been some exceptions on the English side of things (Fate/Apocrypha's international dubs were recorded at each language's respective SDI studio, while the English dub was done at Bang Zoom).

I dunno how good SDI Media Mexico's dubs are, not being fluent in Spanish myself (but having an admiration of other languages, I love listening to alternate language dubs out of curiosity), but I hope I was able to assure you somewhat.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1