• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Voice Actress Tomoyo Kurosawa Tests Positive for COVID-19

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:05 am Reply with quote
Oh goodness, no! I really hope she manages to come out of this okay. Nobody deserves to deal with COVID. Praying for her speedy recovery!
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:25 pm Reply with quote
I hope she can make an effective recovery. I can't imagine how terrible the virus must feel, especially for someone in a voiceover career where damage to the lungs can be incredibly devastating.

I wonder if this will impact the show's she's in this season? I know she's the female lead in Akudama Drive, so I wonder how many episodes they were able to record.
Slashman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:05 pm Reply with quote
OK is it just me or is there an abundance of Japanese talent testing positive for Covid?

It may be that I'm not paying enough attention but it seems like a huge number of groups and voice actors are testing positive. Are they just not taking enough care...are their bosses forcing them to work in unsafe conditions?
DavetheUsher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Slashman wrote:
OK is it just me or is there an abundance of Japanese talent testing positive for Covid?

It may be that I'm not paying enough attention but it seems like a huge number of groups and voice actors are testing positive. Are they just not taking enough care...are their bosses forcing them to work in unsafe conditions?

Plenty of western talent are also tested positive. Big names like Tom Hanks, The Rock, Idris Elba, and so forth. Being a celebrity basically means you're on the go a lot and mingle with a lot of people, from other talent to producers and crew on projects. The chances of catching it is a lot higher, so it's not really surprising. Nothing really to do with Japan specifically.
Slashman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:24 am Reply with quote
DavetheUsher wrote:
Slashman wrote:

Plenty of western talent are also tested positive. Big names like Tom Hanks, The Rock, Idris Elba, and so forth. Being a celebrity basically means you're on the go a lot and mingle with a lot of people, from other talent to producers and crew on projects. The chances of catching it is a lot higher, so it's not really surprising. Nothing really to do with Japan specifically.

Well Tom Hanks and Idris Elba are positive from the early stages of the virus. We didn't even know as much about it as we now know. The Rock got it from his kids I believe. But I'm talking about in recent times. Doesn't seem like that many folks in the entertainment industry are testing positive for it now. We did have Robert Pattinson recently though. Again. I may not have been paying attention to things.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1